2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford puts in a replica of that performance and you'd read 'all the shots just hit him, you'd be disappointed if any went in. Am ok performance, let's hope he keeps it up.'
And we'd be right cause that's what happened, the only thing you can say is that De Gea,s positional sense was excellent but spuds finishing was woeful.

Begovic
Yeah I acknowledged that in the post you quoted, but still hard to argue against us not using Pickford as we could.

Apparently one of the best 'keeper distributors? But then we're creating sod all from it;

skysports-graphic-data-goalkeeper_4450348.jpg
Is there a stat for "KEEPERS WHO KNOCK THE PIE AND TEA OUT OF THEIR OWN FANS' HANDS WITH THEIR KICKING"?

Our clown would top that one.

All the talk about how great De Gea was is just hiding how poor Spurs we're, so many of them shots Stek would of saved
He made a couple great reaction saves with his feet and his positioning was spot on. Think people ignore gk positioning too often given how important it is. Sure, Kane should’ve finished one and maybe someone else could have but De Gea owned his box, set himself correctly, and was generally fantastic.

We seem to have lots of GK "experts" who slate Pickford for errors that really aren't there. I'm sure some for some their sum experience of goal keeping is being the fat kid put between the sticks when they were 10, and now they are supremely qualified to point out all his "errors". There was a beaut for the goal against Leicester, the 1 v 1 with Vardy, knocking him for his positioning. I see for the goal against Utd Lloris' position was almost identical. I can't be arsed looking but I wonder if their forums also have such experts slating him for his "bad positioning".

It's someones fault.

Part his, part Silvas. My main point is;

Pickford's distribution is often trotted out as a tremendous asset, we're seemingly not using it well.
I remember reading all about this and quite frankly some of his kicks are shocking especially if he feels under a bit of pressure.

I'm not too arsed about the kicking but some of his decisions recently have been wrong, the one where he very nearly gave a penalty away recently and then yesterday with him lipping off for Zouma come to mind.

I echo what @sageyefc says. He needs to come off of his line more and take care of his box and cut the Billy big bullocks stuff out with his defenders.

His biggest issue he's got at the minute is he is trying to get involved too much when most of the time he doesn't need to. Reminding me a bit of Joe Hart when he was on his way down. Trying to show how good he is when he doesn't need to, hopefully the coaches can drill it out of him
Except when it comes to claiming crosses or corners

Just looking at the ages of the Prem (first choice) Gks...

Leno (Arsenal) - 26
Begovic (B'mouth) - 31
Ryan (Brighton) - 26
Hart (Brunely) - 31 / Heaton (Burnley) - 32 / Pope (Burnley) - 26 (did all three)
Etheridge (Cardiff) - 28
Kepa (Chelsea) - 24
Guaita (Palace) - 32 / Hennessey (Palace) - 31
Pickford (Everton) - 24
Rico (Fulham) - 25 / Bettinelli (Fulham) - 26
Lossl (Hudds) - 29
Schmeichel (Leicester) - 32
Alisson (Liverpool) - 26
Ederson (City) - 25
De Gea (Man Utd) - 28
Dubravka (Newcastle) - 29
McCarthy (S'ton) - 29
Lloris (Spurs) - 32
Foster (Watford) - 35
Fabianski (West Ham) - 33
Patricio (Wolves) - 30

So actually, he's one of the youngest. In fact, he's five months older than Kepa, who's the youngest regular starter in the Prem.

He;'s 24 years old...so gets a free pass to be 'kin hopeless.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that unwritten rule.

He;'s 24 years old...so gets a free pass to be 'kin hopeless.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that unwritten rule.

David, you're making things up.

Nobody has said that.

He's 24, and has room to improve. Of the GKs that regularly start in the PL, he's one of the youngest, that's all my point was.

He played well on Sunday. He's had iffy performances over the past month. He seemed to have got some confidence back the other day. That's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.