2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost us one against Liverpool but instantly won it back with saves against Newcastle.
What was the game he saved a pen at 0 0 and we went on to win, Palace? 3 points right there thanks to him, and a point at Chelsea, 5 right there credited to him.
I think his mistake against Liverpool has effed up our form to be honest. I think we would of won comfortably against Watford and Newcastle if we'd got a draw at Anfield. Everybody makes mistakes, DCL missing against Arsenal, Bernard against Chelsea and United, but that mistake was probably the worst mistake I've ever seen as an Everton fan and at the worse team. Besic leaving the ball to Costa was pretty bad, Distins against Liverpool, and too many to mention from Tim Howard, allowing balls to go ever his head, standing behind the line, bouncing on the spot while Gerrard was taking a free kick. Pickfords took the biscuit. Even Joseph Yobo tying his shoelaces with Charlton attacking wasn't that bad. I think it just took all the confidence out of the players and I don't know how we're gonna get our confidence back.

He lost us one against Liverpool but instantly won it back with saves against Newcastle.
What was the game he saved a pen at 0 0 and we went on to win, Palace? 3 points right there thanks to him, and a point at Chelsea, 5 right there credited to him.
Yeah but the top top players make very few mistakes. He makes them quite often, mainly basic mistakes that people don't notice like staying on his line for crosses or when he comes for a cross punches when it looks easier to catch. What a save he made hear and what a save he made there does not make up for catastrophic errors.

Yeah but the top top players make very few mistakes. He makes them quite often, mainly basic mistakes that people don't notice like staying on his line for crosses or when he comes for a cross punches when it looks easier to catch. What a save he made hear and what a save he made there does not make up for catastrophic errors.
Catastrophic errors is plural, he has made a grand total of one all season

I think his mistake against Liverpool has effed up our form to be honest. I think we would of won comfortably against Watford and Newcastle if we'd got a draw at Anfield. Everybody makes mistakes, DCL missing against Arsenal, Bernard against Chelsea and United, but that mistake was probably the worst mistake I've ever seen as an Everton fan and at the worse team. Besic leaving the ball to Costa was pretty bad, Distins against Liverpool, and too many to mention from Tim Howard, allowing balls to go ever his head, standing behind the line, bouncing on the spot while Gerrard was taking a free kick. Pickfords took the biscuit. Even Joseph Yobo tying his shoelaces with Charlton attacking wasn't that bad. I think it just took all the confidence out of the players and I don't know how we're gonna get our confidence back.
I agree on this, it's the Sandy Brown if this generation, but for people to judge him on that is sad, Mina and Gomes both had great chances in that game, we could of had three points there.
We could of got something yesterday if Richarlson and Mina would of been playing properly, all these players are responsible for the lack of form, not just one

The Arsenal keeper right then just showed how clueless the idiots are talking about Pickford in a negative way, goals happen in football matches, all keepers concede, and I bet he is one of the ones people regard as better then Pickford, along with Dr Gea who has also let plenty in this season

Catastrophic errors is plural, he has made a grand total of one all season
Allison has made the same number of catastrophic errors as Pickford this season (away at Leicester). The difference is it didn’t effect the result and unfortunately only unsettled the RS for the rest of the game, where they were lucky to win. Pickford’s was a much more higher profile error against your arch rivals. It doesn’t get much worse then that.

I don't think anyone is saying that Pickford hasn't got ability. He is just too error prone and makes bad decisions occasionally.

Personally, I don't think it is anything that can't be coached out of him so maybe that is where we should be venting our ire?

Status
Not open for further replies.