2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha

Fine

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahah
He was mate. Koeman first season he did more than fine and he was improving too. He was controlling the defence and claiming high balls. Kept clean sheets and that... He genuinely didn't deserve to be dropped.

If we were to compare some basic premier League stats between them right noe they'd look like this...

Joel: played 51, clean sheet 17, wins 20, losses 19, conceded 64
Picko: played 86, clean sheet 18, wins 24, losses 41, conceded 136

I know stats aren't the be all and end all whatsoever, but that's mad if you ask me.

EXACTLY.

It's never happened. He's had some decent games, but I cant honestly say that he's had a purple patch at Everton in the way that, say, Butland had at Stoke or Heaton at Burnley.

I just dont buy this lad. It's the triumph of presentation over content that many see him as a good GK. All those England fans might think he's done them a good job, but if they had the chance of having him at their club they'd think twice.

I would shift this lad out ASAP.
What do you want him to do davek,go upfront to win the game on his own as you claim,hes made some massive saves that have kept us ahead in some games,and also made saves that if he didnt make would have made the game level or lost,we all know you utterly hate him,

What do you want him to do davek,go upfront to win the game on his own as you claim,hes made some massive saves that have kept us ahead in some games,and also made saves that if he didnt make would have made the game level or lost,we all know you utterly hate him,
To be fair mate that's not the point we were discussing

To be fair mate that's not the point we were discussing
top keepers tend to win your team some points on their own. that was highlighted then says he has not done that

i think he has done myself and made crucial big saves at different stages but i do say he and the others need to stop messing around at the back though

top keepers tend to win your team some points on their own. that was highlighted then says he has not done that

i think he has done myself and made crucial bi saves at different stages
Yes and that's what we're saying he hasn't done in the manner described further in the post.

He's helped us in games with tremendous saves, but there isn't a single game where the result was entirely down to him

i think he has done myself and made crucial big saves at different stages
He lost us one against Liverpool but instantly won it back with saves against Newcastle.
What was the game he saved a pen at 0 0 and we went on to win, Palace? 3 points right there thanks to him, and a point at Chelsea, 5 right there credited to him.

He lost us one against Liverpool but instantly won it back with saves against Newcastle.
What was the game he saved a pen at 0 0 and we went on to win, Palace? 3 points right there thanks to him, and a point at Chelsea, 5 right there credited to him.
And many more, as he's saved a fair few pens and situations you'd expect most keepers to flop.

But, not good enough for Davek as he wasn't signed by Martinez, so he shouldn't be playing.

Yes and that's what we're saying he hasn't done in the manner described further in the post.

He's helped us in games with tremendous saves, but there isn't a single game where the result was entirely down to him
Yes there is, as said above, Chelsea, Palace possibly more

which could prove in that case the defence have played well,or we need the forwards to score more-hes made big saves say v defoe last season at 1-0 were we went on to win 2-1,the one v stoke and so on-but anyway some will never be happy with him and some will,i just hate his and the others messing around

when was the last time a single game where the result was entirely down to a keeper was would you say,you could probably say Nigel Martyn in a 0-0 v liverpool for one

Ok to be clear we've highlighted these saves and performances as the moments he does well and said a couple times now.

But there hasn't been a game where he won us points singlehandedly. As mentioned previously, the type of performance which has the opposition fans saying 'ah it's just one of those days cos picko is unstoppable'

Status
Not open for further replies.