2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we? What gives us a right to beat them? Our history? Because that's all we've got going for us in late 2018. We've won nothing in years and we haven't been relevant as a club in almost thirty years. We haven't won a derby since 2010 and we haven't won one away since 1999. I can't remember the last time we won a game that REALLY mattered. But yeah, not beating West Ham, Watford, Huddesfield and Newcastle at home. That's embarrassing isn't it? Give me a break! EVERYTHING about the club is embarrassing these days. When anyone actually tries to really do somthing about it, the all-talk brigade never do anything. Rember the planned protest againt Martinez and the club planned for the Bournemouth game back in 15-16? I do because only me and about fifty other people bothered to showed up. As usual loads of our fanbase were all talk and no action. They'll rant and rave about a loss but do sweet FA about the real problems at the club. There's been a culture of cowardice and acceptance of mediocrity rooted at the very heart for decades. Should we talk about that? Nah let's all moan about not beating Newcastle, Watford, West Ham and Huddesfield instead!
A lot of respect for what you say there, mate. I’d like to think that I’m a fan that does try and do something. I too went to the marches. My most gut-wrenching one was the one against Kenwright for the Blue Union, only to see some of the same fanbase clap him when his horrible grid came on the screen.

What howlers? One against Liverpool and he was at fault on the free kick at Wolves, but what howlers has he made?

Well, Liverpool and Wolves cost us 3 points between the 2, he could have done much better (ie, something) with the cross that led to the second Watford goal - and I think Coleman rightly told him so. He has also got away with a lot of overly fancy footwork inside his own 6 yard box and far too many of his long kicks either go straight into touch or find the opposition.

Not saying he is a bad 'keeper but, for me, he is inconsistent, does not command his area and does not inspire confidence. Hopefully that will all come as he undoubtedly has ability but his decision making lets him, and the team, down too often at the moment.

Well, Liverpool and Wolves cost us 3 points between the 2, he could have done much better (ie, something) with the cross that led to the second Watford goal - and I think Coleman rightly told him so. He has also got away with a lot of overly fancy footwork inside his own 6 yard box and far too many of his long kicks either go straight into touch or find the opposition.

Not saying he is a bad 'keeper but, for me, he is inconsistent, does not command his area and does not inspire confidence. Hopefully that will all come as he undoubtedly has ability but his decision making lets him, and the team, down too often at the moment.
Having a laugh you mate

Not saying he is a bad 'keeper but, for me, he is inconsistent, does not command his area and does not inspire confidence. Hopefully that will all come as he undoubtedly has ability but his decision making lets him, and the team, down too often at the moment.[/. I ask the same question to all who give the lad down the banks and I never get a answer off them .Who would you realistically replace him with who is better for the same money

I ask the same question to all who give the lad down the banks and I never get an answer off them who would you realistically replace him with who is better for the same money

I ask the same question to all who give the lad down the banks and I never get an answer off them who would you realistically replace him with who is better for the same money

That certainly is the question that needs answering but it doesn't and shouldn't hide the fact that Pickford is erratic. He can go from a brilliant save to a crossbar fumble in the same game and that is not a quality we should be seeing from a supposedly top 'keeper.

As I said earlier, he has ability but is lacking consistency and has made some poor decisions. And, 'keeper is the one position where that is unacceptable at any age.

Status
Not open for further replies.