Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staggered at people saying he was mistreated by Martinez??

This was a manager who rescued him from the bench at Madrid and signed him twice.

What an evil man he is, how dare he treat Joel " The greatest keeper in the world ever " Robles like this.
no,one has said he's the greatest goal keeper in the world!

...as far as I know, Joel's contract is up and I haven't heard talk of a renewal. From an interview this week the player is keen to sign but perhaps we have a replacement lined up. One rag this morning suggested a done deal with the Soton keeper but he's no better from what I've seen and Joel has age on his side.

Unless we go abroad and bring somebody in I'm not seeing too much that we might buy in this league.

He's contracted till the end of next season mate. If we don't buy someone better this summer I presume we'll offer him an extension.

Why is that he was playing crap keeping Robles out kept three years too long if you don't like Robles that's n
My point another keeper could have been signed better than Stek!

I don't think Stekelenberg was brought in to be our number one nor was he brought in just for his ability in goal.

He is obviously someone Koeman trusts and was a cheap easy option to help with his integration into the club.

I don't think Stekelenberg was brought in to be our number one nor was he brought in just for his ability in goal.

He is obviously someone Koeman trusts and was a cheap easy option to help with his integration into the club.
Fulham fans forgot the Stek was even on their books, Matt Letisseir on soccer Saturday when the Stek started well stated he did not think he was a premier keeper or he would last the pace, his form had surprised him, but he was correct it did not last long as he is injury prone also!

Fulham fans forgot the Stek was even on their books, Matt Letisseir on soccer Saturday when the Stek started well stated he did not think he was a premier keeper or he would last the pace, his form had surprised him, but he was correct it did not last long as he is injury prone also!

So...I am probably right?

He isn't an awful keeper or anything. I would be quite comfortable calling on him in an emergency etc. He does indeed have a bad injury history for a goalie.

So...I am probably right?

He isn't an awful keeper or anything. I would be quite comfortable calling on him in an emergency etc. He does indeed have a bad injury history for a goalie.
At his age yes!did you see the goal he let in playing for Holland from pogbal shot 35 yards out ?
If Robles had let a goal in like that at any level this thread would be in mealtdown!

I'm staggered at people saying he was mistreated by Martinez??

This was a manager who rescued him from the bench at Madrid and signed him twice.

What an evil man he is, how dare he treat Joel " The greatest keeper in the world ever " Robles like this.

Robles was certainly not given fair treatment.

RM had some strange attachment to Howard despite clear evidence that the keeper was getting worse. Howard literally lost RM loads of
points and whenever Robles came in he played well keeping a series of clean sheets but no RM always reverted to his first choice.

Howard was responsible for one of the worst goals ever conceded by an EFC keeper when a midget out-jumped him from a 30 yard centre
yet he still kept his spot. Oh and in the same game he brought down a forward for no obvious reason and conceded a penalty. He screwed up loads of times yet Robles was ignored so to that extent Robles was mistreated.

Robles just got on with it and now he is the best keeper in the Premier this season - having stopped a higher percentage of shots than anyone else.

But, has his extended run in goals shown any signs of improvement? I clearly don't see enough games to know but has he done enough to earn that spot?

Robles was certainly not given fair treatment.

Robles just got on with it and now he is the best keeper in the Premier this season - having stopped a higher percentage of shots than anyone else.

First rebut...RM bought him twice...clearly didn't rate him best even though he spent the dough.

Lol...best in the League...flattering stat. He's been above average. Happy with that mind.

Either try & refute my point that he was jarg in his first season or just leave it.

Don't bother talking about other keepers in your reply either.

Robles did have some rough patches in that first season for sure

I remember the Cup game in particular at Arsenal, a really poor performance

Since 14/15 onwards though I think he's proven himself to be competent at worst and decent at best

I honestly wouldn't mind him staying in as #1 and us buying some new defenders to play in front of him, which is a step up from how I felt at the start of the season. He's gone some way to winning me over this year. Yes, there's definitely some areas of his game that could be better, but overall I've been impressed this season, and I'm happy for him as he seems a good lad

Status
Not open for further replies.