2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo does realize that 2021 is only 2 and half months away right, i don't think any of us expected him to be fit anytime soon anyway. Ease him back in slowly, we've seen what happens when he's been rushed back.
Last I heard he was due back in training in November. If that's towards the end of November then he probably won't be ready to play until the New Year.

2 games per week throughout January and early February so he may be needed. No idea when the semi finals of the league cup are scheduled for but there's no room in January.

Last I heard he was due back in training in November. If that's towards the end of November then he probably won't be ready to play until the New Year.

2 games per week throughout January and early February so he may be needed. No idea when the semi finals of the league cup are scheduled for but there's no room in January.

5/6 January.

agree that we should be aiming for long term rehabilitation and not rush him back, but if Allan goes down who is the cover? Davies has been filling in but he’s not mobile enough. Maybe Godfrey but he’s not tested in that position. Holgate would have been ok but he’s not fit. Delph maybe. Gbamin would be the natural choice.
Sadly, I don’t think any player who’ll have missed close to or beyond eighteen months of football is the natural choice. If anything, he’s a close to unknown.

For his long-term health and future, we need to do our utmost to ensure that these horrendous injuries are healed and he’s eased in rather than risked prematurely.

Add to that, he’s going to be very rusty and will need a lot of behind closed doors or U23 games to get back to the speed of the PL.

2019 transfers

Iwobi - slated by everyone
Sidibe- awful and sent back
Kean - didn’t produce and shipped off
Delph - Disaster
Gbamin - was awful in his first two matches but will still transform our midfield. Going to be amazing (no logic)

How people give him the benefit of the doubt when they don’t do it for other players is beyond me

I don’t think anyone gives him the benefit of the doubt. He played 1.5 games and I don’t see anyone in here calling him terrible, do you?

People counting on gbamin to contribute blow my mind. He was terrible the two games he actually played and hasnt played In Like 24 months.

If niasse only got injured right away we’d all be clamoring for him still

I don't think anyone is counting on him, they're just hoping.

Personally I think he'll make a few cameo appearances and then be loaned back to France until his contract expires barring some miracle, as recovering from those injuries and playing at the level we aspire to be at is wishful thinking.

Just bad luck with this one.

2019 transfers

Delph - Disaster
Gbamin - was awful in his first two matches but will still transform our midfield. Going to be amazing (no logic)

He wasn't really awful at all but nobody has said he's going to transform our midfield.

All being well he'll be able to be eased back and will give us another athletic, powerful option in there.

But it's going to be some time yet.

2019 transfers

Delph - Disaster

He wasn't really awful at all but nobody has said he's going to transform our midfield.

All being well he'll be able to be eased back and will give us another athletic, powerful option in there.

But it's going to be some time yet.

I don’t think anyone gives him the benefit of the doubt. He played 1.5 games and I don’t see anyone in here calling him terrible, do you?

Do crystal palace

What is the matter with you people in here calling JPG terrible after 1.5 games last season? That's way too small a sample size, and harsh as well. He was fine when he was out there. When healthy, I hope he can make a suitable backup to Allan.

Nobody gave Delph the benefit of the doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.