Jean-Clair Todibo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Everton?

I asked my Schalke supporting mate for opinion on him and he said: Big potential. Maybe a little bit too cavalier for his position on the pitch, but it's due to his age and inexperience. In fact he has everything - pace, power, recovery, positioning, bringing the ball out of defence and aggression.

Schalke had an option to buy him (25M euro with 50M Barcelona buyback) but they aren't able to fund it due to COVID.

He's got my attention.

Only 2 issues with him are decision making + rashness coming out to tackle (which most posters here would love).

Also hes not had a full season of consistent games yet and a fair amount of injuries.

We’ve got a 50/50 success rate with Barca when it comes to defenders - Mina and Digne. We seem to have a good working relationship with them, I can’t foresee many problems should we want him.

50/50 :eek: Digne is class and Mina was class 1st half of last season.

I'm not sure why people are so against it, He's going to be back up to Mina/Holgate/Keane, He's still very young and Barca look desperate to offload him so if he manages to get a few games and he looks a talent we'll be sorted.

I wouldnt be surpised if he was our 1st choice by end of season. Hes got the lot, question is whether he can adapt + develop his game and decision making.

I just know Schalke got a few drubbings last year, one in particular against Dortmund he got hauled off at half time.

Feel if he played for Leganes we wouldn’t be arsed.

Then I think “we’ll Barça signed him”, then I remember they also signed Kevin Prince Boateng and Martin Braithwaite

He was injured so was taken off at half time. Then they kept trying to get him on but his injury was still affecting him -- apparently.

I know its only early days still, but Gabriel looks a top prospect for Arsenal, real shame we missed out on him, we'd look a force with him in our starting line up but who knows if we'd have been able to sign the other players if we'd prioritized a CB.

Todibo has a higher ceiling than Gabriel. I think Gabriel is top class and if i could be bothered to vault posters in that thread i would.

Was obvious we needed a pacey top left sided centre back.

This is an interesting one to me. He has been horrendous so far in his career. Carlo rates him though if we keep getting linked. Curious as to what the thinking is here. Hopefully not another Mangala situation.

So horrendous Toulouse offered him the highest salary they had ever offered a player?

So horrendous top sides aside from Barca wanted him?

So horrendous he was motm vs Inter for Barca in the champions league putting Lautaro Martinez in his pocket?

So horrendous he won Schalkes player of the month before lockdown?

So horrendous Barca fans think he should be playing ahead of Pique?

Id settle for that on a loan ;)

Let’s not forget that one of our main backup options to Zouma last year was Rojo...He would not be a first choice option but let’s be real here. The transfer window closes in a week and a half and we need cover in ASAP.

Getting in a really talented young player on loan with an option to buy is a fantastic option. If Holgate were healthy I would agree that there’s no point in bringing in another CB option who isn’t a sure fire starter. Maybe Ancelotti and Digne can get this kid to slow things down and play smart. His speed and physical tools could help us a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.