Iwobi
Gray
Gana
Simms
Alli
Gomes
Gbamin
Nkounkou

Quite an incredible amount of players out of contract over the next 2 seasons.
I'm guessing Doucoure's extra year will be activated and Coleman and Begovic will get one year extensions if we stay up. We already know that Iwobi's been offered a new deal, Gray and Simms will probably be offered one too, I guess. I imagine the others will all leave (if they're on 23 contracts) or will be for sale (if they are on 24 contracts), maybe not Gana, he'll probably just play out his contract. I imagine Dele, Gomes, Gbamin and Nkounkou will be out on loan again next year.

We have had this chat before! Unless we have two posters in Yatton, which I doubt. Yeah, saw the City match, and he caught the eye. But if we are constrained, (we will be) in the summer, as good a prospect he is, not sure if he adds that much to Everton. Other than a decent sell on profit if he makes the grade. That said, £20m isnt that eye watering for a PL club. As mad as that still sounds, it is about £5m more than we are paying Dele, Gomez and Mina this season.
Didnt know you followed City as well as Everton. Like me. Parents moved down to Portishead about 50 years ago, and Ashton Gate was way easier to get to than Eastville. (No M5 Avon Bridge back then!). Seeing them play Everton in Div 1 was weird. Pretty sure City never beat us, a few home draws was about it.

City are "skint" in the same way we are arnt they? Like Steve Lansdown has money, but dem rulez have done for them havnt they?

Am another with Bristol City as my second team. They are literally the Championship version of us. Its pretty depressing to be honest.

Alex Scott will be the next James Maddison (or better). We haven't got the vision to sign a player like that I'm afraid.

Am another with Bristol City as my second team. They are literally the Championship version of us. Its pretty depressing to be honest.

Alex Scott will be the next James Maddison (or better). We haven't got the vision to sign a player like that I'm afraid.

That cos you live down here, or you plucked an Everton Lite lower league club to follow? Because your analysis is spot on.

Interesting to see how much worse United look without Casemiro....or how big the drop off is for Newcastle without Guimaraes.

Just shows how important midfielders are. Alot riding on Garner combining with Onana for the next few games and this may affect our summer business.

Players like...Danilo, Cherki, Thuram Simons, Scott or Lavia could be interesting. Each of them has good technical abilities and have very degrees of flair.

Interesting to see how much worse United look without Casemiro....or how big the drop off is for Newcastle without Guimaraes.

Just shows how important midfielders are. Alot riding on Garner combining with Onana for the next few games and this may affect our summer business.

Players like...Danilo, Cherki, Thuram, Simons, Scott or Lavia could be interesting. Each of them has good technical abilities and have very degrees of flair.

Think you have your centre mid positions a bit mixed up in this list.

Figured that's what you were on about mentioning Casemira, Guimaraes, Onana & Garner.

Kind of...but then my mind started to drift a bit.

Looking at what we have now, in theory weve got an ageing Gana, a possible stopgap in Doucoure, a backup with Davies and then Onana + Garner.

If the rumours were true and we did bid for Gallagher and Ndiaye then there 'should' be funds for an attacking midfielder. Then that position would be ticked off with Doucoure also competing to start.

Then, depending on how were setup and whether Dyche sees Onana and Garner as CMs (or one preferred as DM) we'd need either a new CM or a new DM signed. So we'd have 4 players competing/rotating there.

If we did sell Onana then it seems like the funds could simply go on 2 new midfielders. Thats how weak we look both ability and depth wise if he was sold.

@Nymzee if we did have the rumoured funds for Ndiaye / Gallagher who else would you be looking at instead?

Also, any DMs / CMs you suggest if Onana were to leave and open up some funds?

Ideally of course younger players u23 whose values should increase in the same way Onana's has...that can also be potentially key players.

@Nymzee if we did have the rumoured funds for Ndiaye / Gallagher who else would you be looking at instead?

Also, any DMs / CMs you suggest if Onana were to leave and open up some funds?

Ideally of course younger players u23 whose values should increase in the same way Onana's has...that can also be potentially key players.

Is Gallagher Chelsea's Gallagher? If so, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, reckon he's massively overrated.

It's hard though in the middle because if we stay up and Dyche stays you need two who can play together in a 4-4-2 and most modern CM's are used to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with some cover. I'd like to think we could keep Onana and Garner but it's whether they could survive without a shield.

Summer and Jan window I had some listed (https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-summer-transfer-thread-2022.114419/post-9761941):

CDM
Ladislav Krejci (Sparta Prague) - Just sold their star player for £12m so somewhere under that. Reminds me of Matic when he was good.
Amadou Onana (Lille) - He's 6'5" need I say more?
Lucas Gourna (Saint-Etienne) - Might get ripped off and very young but Kante comparisons already.
James Garner (Man U) - Bit different to the others, maybe in the CM role and maybe a loan but seems decent.
Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord) - Wildcard pick from only a few viewings in the Conference League but gets around the pitch and looks a nuisance.

CM
Alex Scott (Bristol City) - Might get ripped off because he's English but great all round midfielder.
Enzo Le Fee (Lorient) - Tenacious and a passing master, average French side so won't be expensive. Linked away.
Nico Seiwald (RB Salzburg) - Most expensive on the list but baller. Last rumour was €20m.
Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield) - Linked last Summer to Leeds for under £10m and now failed to get promoted so price won't be any different.

Abdou Harroui (Sassuolo) - Bit of a random one but I've enjoyed watching him play - does a bit of everything.
Jason Knight (Derby) - 12 months left on contract, snip for a few mill.

Some other "cheaper" players I'd add:

Ramiz Zerrouki (Twente)
Adem Zorgane (Charleroi)
Bryan Heynen (Genk)
Arthur Vermeeren (Antwerp)
Anton Stach (Mainz)
Arne Engels (Augsburg)
Manuel Ugarte (Sporting)
Tim Iroegbunam (Villa)
Ardon Jashiri (Luzern)
Dan Neil (Sunderland)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)