January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is obviously looking towards the summer but this would be a great deal for us. Exactly what we need and free too, we should hopefully sign it off the moment we are guaranteed safety.

This is the kind of signing that has us in financial trouble... not that he would come to us anyway.

A large signing on fee and huge wages on a long contract.
Not sure about that. For example we've had far less trouble with Bernard than we did with Sigurdsson, Tosun, Keane and so on. It's reportedly only £100k a week going off of that, I know our finances are a bit of a mess at the minute but that's still not that much in this day and age, if he's someone that could come in and either replace Calvert Lewin outright or be a good rotation with him then he'd be absolutely worth it in my opinion.

This is obviously looking towards the summer but this would be a great deal for us. Exactly what we need and free too, we should hopefully sign it off the moment we are guaranteed safety.

Watched him a few times this season and he looked way off it. Would be a bit of a project to get him back on track imo, although his goal record is still undeniable.

3 in 26 this season, 1 in 16 2 years ago, if you mean undeniably rubbish, then I agree.
Players are generally bad when you ignore all their good seasons tbf. But I do generally agree, he's had a mixed few years and would be a risk, especially at the wages he'll be asking for.

Should leave well alone and have Simms/Cannon/Calvert-Lewin as the backup forwards.

Use our funds on 3 starters.

This is the kind of signing that has us in financial trouble... not that he would come to us anyway.

A large signing on fee and huge wages on a long contract.

I wouldn’t worry too much about sport witness, I think this is just because we were linked in January.
As he’s a free transfer there wouldn’t actually be a fee and it’s £96k a week, less than what we pay Mina and Mina is out of contract in the summer.

Youre being very generous with those wages as well. Coleman and Townsend are probably on 50% more.

2024 is the really big one for us.

What we'd have left is actually pretty decent to build on once the out of contract 17 are removed
We say his every summer, only for other players to either become crap, crocked or useless!

2025 we will get rid of DCL, Godfrey, Holgate, Maupay & Keane

At least 3 of those would of been on our keep list in the summer of 22 when we got shut of Delph, Kenny, Tosun & Sigurdsson.....and Maupay we are already waiting to get shut of and he wisent here then!

Status
Not open for further replies.