January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate's going to turn 27 early next season, having never managed to make himself a regular in a very poor PL team which is desperate for money. Nobody is paying anything like £15m for him. Nkounkou is playing in the French second division, people need to let go of the fact that they proclaimed him to be the second coming of Roberto Carlos because he had a good game going forward against a League 2 team three years ago and just accept that he evidently isn't very good.
This

Holgate will end up going to a Norwich, Stoke, Sheff Utd or West Brom at best! None of them will stump up anywhere near 10 million for him!
Probably a loan with an option to buy of about £5m

Unless he can get fit for the final 5/6 games and actually be fit enough to make any meaningful appearances (which at this point looks highly unlikely), I can’t see Dyche keeping him even as a squad option.

I think he takes the option on doucoure and lets Davies go though. Even though I’d prefer them both to just leave.
Dyche is in survival mode at present. The focus is on that and nothing else.

The focus will change in the summer where they will focus on the team they want to build for the future.
We have no idea which players he may feel can contribute going forward but being able to generate money to possibly finance incoming transfers will be important and not continuing to pay silly wages to attract players to the club will also be a factor.

I think there may be a complete reset of the type of player we try to sign.
It could be back to the David Moyes time when bargains were the order of the day.

Gyokeres would be a fantastic addition to this current 11. Would have really suited Dyche.

I cant see Dyche fancing Nkounkou to be honest. I dont think he's defensively strong enough.

Completely forgot about Gbamin.

Just from highlights, Gyokeres doesnt seem to be anything special...slow on the turn and lacks pace.

Will be interesting to see how much the transfer budget is in the summer...what fringe players (or donkeys like Keane/Iwobi) can be sold as well.

WIll Dyche go for the target man type or something different. I wonder if West Ham may sell Scamacca. He looked excellent in Italy.

Holgate's going to turn 27 early next season, having never managed to make himself a regular in a very poor PL team which is desperate for money. Nobody is paying anything like £15m for him. Nkounkou is playing in the French second division, people need to let go of the fact that they proclaimed him to be the second coming of Roberto Carlos because he had a good game going forward against a League 2 team three years ago and just accept that he evidently isn't very good.

How much do players like Holgate tend to fetch? £10-15mil is pretty standard for a player of his ability and experience thesedays.

Nkounkou (apparently) has been a key player at Saint Etienne. 2 goals, 5 assists in 10 games dragging them out of the relegation zone to mid table.

Hes only 22 and, as I said before would be behind Mykolenko and Godfrey (utility player) for emergency cover....with ISS hopefully pushing through over next season.

Hes looked "very good" whenever hes attacking teams...we dont have any other left sided full backs with that ability.

Just from highlights, Gyokeres doesnt seem to be anything special...slow on the turn and lacks pace.

Will be interesting to see how much the transfer budget is in the summer...what fringe players (or donkeys like Keane/Iwobi) can be sold as well.

WIll Dyche go for the target man type or something different. I wonder if West Ham may sell Scamacca. He looked excellent in Italy.

How much do players like Holgate tend to fetch? £10-15mil is pretty standard for a player of his ability and experience thesedays.

Nkounkou (apparently) has been a key player at Saint Etienne. 2 goals, 5 assists in 10 games dragging them out of the relegation zone to mid table.

Hes only 22 and, as I said before would be behind Mykolenko and Godfrey (utility player) for emergency cover....with ISS hopefully pushing through over next season.

Hes looked "very good" whenever hes attacking teams...we dont have any other left sided full backs with that ability.

Stop this lol how many times do we need to shoot you down

Players like Holgate genuinely don't go for anything like that, they're 10 a penny. There's 2 centre halves who are ahead of him at the same club who are going to be available for free and £4.5m in the summer, before you even look anywhere else. We'd have been lucky to get £15m for him at his highest point, there's not a chance in hell he's going for it now when he's only started 3 games all season for one of the worst teams in the league.

This

Holgate will end up going to a Norwich, Stoke, Sheff Utd or West Brom at best! None of them will stump up anywhere near 10 million for him!
Probably a loan with an option to buy of about £5m
Burnley, when they get promoted. Should be pimping him out to them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.