January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He brought in 21-23 players and has walked the league think even for Burnley in the prem it will be a step back, Holgate is Championship standard at best even though he did struggle while out on loan in that division
He was in the championship team of the year the season he was at West Brom on loan - all be it as a right back

The recent form increases us to stay another year at PL.
There are some areas that we must strengthen. But at first, what the style of football Dyche wants to build.
I see he has adjusted his tactics a lot compared with his burnley's time.

He brought in 21-23 players and has walked the league think even for Burnley in the prem it will be a step back, Holgate is Championship standard at best even though he did struggle while out on loan in that division
Honestly I can only imagine some of you have never seen Championship football and lower. Holgate is the type of player who can 'do a job' in the PL, would be considerably above average in the Championship, and would be the best player in League One by several thousand miles. The way people talk about average PL players as if they'd struggle in the conference is genuinely strange.

Honestly I can only imagine some of you have never seen Championship football and lower. Holgate is the type of player who can 'do a job' in the PL, would be considerably above average in the Championship, and would be the best player in League One by several thousand miles. The way people talk about average PL players as if they'd struggle in the conference is genuinely strange.

And you sort of see that, by the way most sides who go down, tend to come straight back, even if they are quite adrift in the PL.

He he'd be a thicko in any league. He could be playing subbuteo and he'd make the same errors.

He he'd be a thicko in any league. He could be playing subbuteo and he'd make the same errors.
I don’t disagree, but the difference is he’d get away with them. Make an error against haaland, Kane, Sarah etc and 99% of the time you’ll get punished. Make an error against Keinan davis, Connor wickham, Martin waghorn and the like and 99% of the time you won’t. It’s not specific to holgate, it’s just a general point that people make a lot which I think is a bit daft. The same applies when looking at people like branthwaite, the reports are promising but it’s important to remember that he’s playing in a league where Ricky van Wolfswinkel is still one of the top strikers. Excelling at the very top level is hard, not being great in the PL doesn’t mean you should be in league one.

I don’t disagree, but the difference is he’d get away with them. Make an error against haaland, Kane, Sarah etc and 99% of the time you’ll get punished. Make an error against Keinan davis, Connor wickham, Martin waghorn and the like and 99% of the time you won’t. It’s not specific to holgate, it’s just a general point that people make a lot which I think is a bit daft. The same applies when looking at people like branthwaite, the reports are promising but it’s important to remember that he’s playing in a league where Ricky van Wolfswinkel is still one of the top strikers. Excelling at the very top level is hard, not being great in the PL doesn’t mean you should be in league one.

Ignorance is bliss as they say, let's hope we never get to sample those horrors.

He’s 27 next birthday played under how many managers in the premier at Everton and hasn’t managed to hold down any position in the team, if he was a player that could hold his own in the premier do you not think someone would have well picked him up by now ,it’s all about opinions I just think championship player at best.

I disagree that we need a lot to be comfortable next season but we need to bring in decent quality. 3 true signings and maybe a couple of cheapo young talent/loans could be enough. We aren’t trying to win the league or get Europe in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.