January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird one. If Lampard leaving halted the move, it meant he didn’t want to keep Maupay, which begs the question did he even want him in the Summer?

I genuinely cant get my head around the Maupay deal. It would have only made sense if he was playing in a 2, which we never really did.

In a strange way, thank goodness he didnt go, as I have little faith in the board getting anyone in, and we would have been even lighter.

3??? We need way more than 3 to not struggle next season. We needed 3 just this January alone.

We need two full backs as well.

We need fullbacks!

We dont "need" full backs. We also dont "need" to bring in 5+ players each summer.

What we do "need" are goals. Players who score goals and help others to score cost alot of money.

Whatever funds are available should be used on 3 of them.

We dont "need" full backs. We also dont "need" to bring in 5+ players each summer.

What we do "need" are goals. Players who score goals and help others to score cost alot of money.

Whatever funds are available should be used on 3 of them.
We do need fullbacks, Dyche clearly doesn't fancy either Mykolenko or Patterson as he's playing a centre half and an old man instead of them.

Weird one. If Lampard leaving halted the move, it meant he didn’t want to keep Maupay, which begs the question did he even want him in the Summer?
was thinking the same and Said at the time when he frankly hardly played him I suspect he didn’t just like the left back .

Perhaps illustrative of the point Ashley Cole made.

We do need fullbacks, Dyche clearly doesn't fancy either Mykolenko or Patterson as he's playing a centre half and an old man instead of them.
There does seem to be a trend with some of the better clubs to play 3 CB and a FB in a back 4 these days. If you look at City it's Ake, Dias, Stones, Walker (or a combination of others) and Arsenal seem to play with Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White. It's why I can see him giving games to Godfrey at the moment as his pace offers that bit of extra cover. Agree with you on the other side mate, old man Coleman simply can't be trotted out for another full season, it's getting a bit silly now tbh and Patterson is not the answer from what he has shown so far.

was thinking the same and Said at the time when he frankly hardly played him I suspect he didn’t just like the left back .

Perhaps illustrative of the point Ashley Cole made.

You mean Mykolenko who was taken out of the squad sue to illness?

Plus Patterson whose been recovering from injury?

It would be great to upgrade every position. But three are "needed".

There does seem to be a trend with some of the better clubs to play 3 CB and a FB in a back 4 these days. If you look at City it's Ake, Dias, Stones, Walker (or a combination of others) and Arsenal seem to play with Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White. It's why I can see him giving games to Godfrey at the moment as his pace offers that bit of extra cover. Agree with you on the other side mate, old man Coleman simply can't be trotted out for another full season, it's getting a bit silly now tbh and Patterson is not the answer from what he has shown so far.
Patterson is a young kid with not many games under his belt, before joining us and has had 3 injuries in just over a year.

Bit harsh to say not the answer I remember Coleman’s debut v benfica. Also baines first year he sat on the bench as lescott played LB.

We all go on about signing young players with potential, then write them off before they’ve even played a full season

Patterson is a young kid with not many games under his belt, before joining us and has had 3 injuries in just over a year.

Bit harsh to say not the answer I remember Coleman’s debut v benfica. Also baines first year he sat on the bench as lescott played LB.

We all go on about signing young players with potential, then write them off before they’ve even played a full season
Nah he can't defend mate, he doesn't even know where he should be standing position wise. This is elite level sport, we have to stop making excuses for some of these players, you simply must know the basics of your playing position at this level. Also 3 long term injuries in a season is not a great sign for the future. He isn't for me tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.