January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume you are thinking this based on us staying up?

I could see; Lonergan, Mina, Coady and Vinegre leaving. But I dont see anyone coming in for Holgate or Davies. Towsend it depends if and how he comes back from his injury and we are not gonna sell Maupay.

At this stage I dont know if Paterson or Nkounkou are good enough. I would like to see at least 1 RB come in. I agree we need options in the middle of the park. If we are going to continue with 451 Someone like Ilias Chair at QPR, as an Attacking Midfielder behind a striker. I think bringing in a big tall Striker changes us completely, that is where we desperately need a player.
Both will be gone. Their contracts expire in the summer.

Someone will pay for Holgate. Gomes will leave for Lille.

Dele and Gbamin are the issues. What are we going to do with them?

Would be very on brand for the club to give a 32 year old who hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months and was already crap a new contract

Be about budget management really mate, that would be my take, especially if we are going to invest in attacking positions.

We need a couple of full backs, a couple of wide forwards and a 9, none of which will come cheap.

Townsends on a reasonable wage, has no amortisation and a skill set i think the manager can use and will value as a sqaud option, that saving enables strengthening elsewhere - all with the caveat that he’s not goosed because of injury. Davies likewise his cost in minimal, but I think he has the hump here.

Dyche signed Aaron Lennon, as a squad option after he left us, twice.

Not saying it will happen - but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Be about budget management really mate, that would be my take, especially if we are going to invest in attacking positions.

We need a couple of full backs, a couple of wide forwards and a 9, none of which will come cheap.

Townsends on a reasonable wage, has no amortisation and a skill set i think the manager can use and will value as a sqaud option, that saving enables strengthening elsewhere - all with the caveat that he’s not goosed because of injury. Davies likewise his cost in minimal, but I think he has the hump here.

Dyche signed Aaron Lennon, as a squad option after he left us, twice.

Not saying it will happen - but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Unless he can get fit for the final 5/6 games and actually be fit enough to make any meaningful appearances (which at this point looks highly unlikely), I can’t see Dyche keeping him even as a squad option.

I think he takes the option on doucoure and lets Davies go though. Even though I’d prefer them both to just leave.

Not sure Any of those four meet Sean Dyche's history of players profiled really.

Striker is a must, and for certain we will sign a target man style. He has liked a Danny Ings/Gray/Vydra style striker though in a 442 so perhaps a bit of room for Ndiaye - who is a tidy player based on what ive seen.

Alex Scott is destined for greater things than us, unfortunately.

Not saying they are bad players but IF we stay up, it's risky to go out and sign a load of championship players.

Chances are not all of them will be prem quality.

He isn't going to be shopping in the same market as he was at Burnley though, if he wants to bring in a load of ageing veterans looking for a final payday like he did at Burnley that won't end well imo. Ndiaye is someone we have been linked with for a while which would suggest he is a long term target and I agree with you on Alex Scott, as much as he would transform our midfield creative options he is not coming to us, no chance. Tbf the few rumours that have been around recently have been more towards younger type players.

Theyre really just players who have been linked to us from the championship...ive swapped Gyokeres for Joao Pedro though.

I presume you are thinking this based on us staying up?

I could see; Lonergan, Mina, Coady and Vinegre leaving. But I dont see anyone coming in for Holgate or Davies. Towsend it depends if and how he comes back from his injury and we are not gonna sell Maupay.

At this stage I dont know if Paterson or Nkounkou are good enough. I would like to see at least 1 RB come in. I agree we need options in the middle of the park. If we are going to continue with 451 Someone like Ilias Chair at QPR, as an Attacking Midfielder behind a striker. I think bringing in a big tall Striker changes us completely, that is where we desperately need a player.

Patterson just needs games and will sleepwalk through them in our current setup -- Coleman has looked better so Patterson should turn into prime Hibbert.

Nkounkou would be behind Mykolenko and Godfrey. Emergency backup and a final season to give him a chance...ISS also developing over next season may break through.

Someone mentioned Chair before...not really seen him.

Both will be gone. Their contracts expire in the summer.

Someone will pay for Holgate. Gomes will leave for Lille.

Dele and Gbamin are the issues. What are we going to do with them?

Yeah Davies and Townsend out of contract must free up £100k.

Gomes seemingly doing well in France and Holgate should always command a £10-15mil fee.

Dele and Gbamin will be loaned out again for a season when their contracts expire.

A defender we were heavily linked with in the summer is about to win serie A by a canter and probably play in the champions league final

Both Kim Min Jae and Kvaratskhelia were heavily linked 2 years+ ago when playing in China and Russia.

Would have cost us around £25mil and now must be worth £120mil++.

Disappointing.

Both Kim Min Jae and Kvaratskhelia were heavily linked 2 years+ ago when playing in China and Russia.

Would have cost us around £25mil and now must be worth £120mil++.

Disappointing.
There's no way our scouts ventured that far past the English Channel.

Theyre really just players who have been linked to us from the championship...ive swapped Gyokeres for Joao Pedro though.

Patterson just needs games and will sleepwalk through them in our current setup -- Coleman has looked better so Patterson should turn into prime Hibbert.

Nkounkou would be behind Mykolenko and Godfrey. Emergency backup and a final season to give him a chance...ISS also developing over next season may break through.

Gomes seemingly doing well in France and Holgate should always command a £10-15mil fee.

Dele and Gbamin will be loaned out again for a season when their contracts expire.

Gyokeres would be a fantastic addition to this current 11. Would have really suited Dyche.

I cant see Dyche fancing Nkounkou to be honest. I dont think he's defensively strong enough.

Completely forgot about Gbamin.

Holgate's going to turn 27 early next season, having never managed to make himself a regular in a very poor PL team which is desperate for money. Nobody is paying anything like £15m for him. Nkounkou is playing in the French second division, people need to let go of the fact that they proclaimed him to be the second coming of Roberto Carlos because he had a good game going forward against a League 2 team three years ago and just accept that he evidently isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.