January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not, but if you are suspended by your employer rather than by mutual consent (which is more a leave of absence) then you are likely to be contractually entitled to full pay whilst suspended. I have dealt with situations were employees have resigned whilst an investigation was ongoing due to its sensitive nature. This was not the case with the player so he will have been paid.

Well with respect, I dont think either of us know the exact circumstances, and how it was handled.

I dont know what avenue the club has taken, but you are outlined a route by which employers can effectively suspend someone (call it what you wish) and not pay. It happens. It may have happened here.

No chance an insu
I dont think that's the case at all. You can be suspended with 0 pay. I know lots of people, who have not committed an action theyve been convicted of, who has been suspended with no pay.

I suspect it will have been covered by insurance though.
No way would an insurance company would offer to cover the salary of a suspended employee. The club would have to pay and if it hadn't, the player could have them to a tribunal. You cannot legally suspend without pay, as it is a breach of contract.

Well with respect, I dont think either of us know the exact circumstances, and how it was handled.

I dont know what avenue the club has taken, but you are outlined a route by which employers can effectively suspend someone (call it what you wish) and not pay. It happens. It may have happened here.
Slight misrepresentation, no a situation were the employer can suspend on full pay a situation we’re an employee can offer/agree to unpaid leave. It is ‘possible’ that the player requested to stay away unpaid.

Just bizarre all around.

He surely must have seen Richy and thought if he can't get any starts how will I.

Unless kane son and kulev and maybe even Richy get injured he's not starting
He's not the first player we've seen in the prem who's there purely for the wage and doesn't want to play, jeez we've had enough of them ourselves, refusing loan deals to stay here and do rock all. We dodged one there I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.