January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

They weren’t willing to.

The reports were all derisory bids, often for teams starting strikers and nearly all done on deadline day.

The only player we nearly signed was a loan deal.
Again. You don’t know the truth. Dyche said Thelwell, Bill and himself were on the phone to agents and clubs. I’m not sticking up for the club or board it’s disgusting how they left it that late. And needed removing asap.

But we don’t know how close They came

Maybe he'll do a Pienaar and boomerang back to us, would love it!
we may well have done this, but I’d have definitely tried for him on loan for the rest of the season. Spurs are spoilt with riches, and we are not a threat so they may have said yes if he is bench warming

They weren’t willing to.

The reports were all derisory bids, often for teams starting strikers and nearly all done on deadline day.

The only player we nearly signed was a loan deal.
Yes I agree, if they were prepared to spend, I think they were cheeky, cheap bids. I also think the fact that they have conveniently sacked and replaced a manager in the last two transfer windows when we were in a perilous position, and in the back of the club stance there is no value to be had in the winter window tells us all we need to know. (Unless of course it’s us selling players)

we may well have done this, but I’d have definitely tried for him on loan for the rest of the season. Spurs are spoilt with riches, and we are not a threat so they may have said yes if he is bench warming
They have CL to play too though, I doubt they'd have let him go

Status
Not open for further replies.