January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine

Would be the absolute worst decision imaginable, I’d rather sign no one, that would be dropping a carpet bomb into the middle of the dressing room. Also 0% chance Dyche allows it to happen.

Imagine

Imagine is exactly what they’ve done because he’s already played for two teams this season so it’s literally impossible and completely made up.

After watching yesterday I think Isco could be a useful addition. The setup was perfect yesterday and we had the right personnel to run all day, but up against less dominant opposition, or if we are behind in games like yesterday, the option of replacing Doucoure as the third midfielder with a more creative option to try to unlock a game would be something good to have.
As good a player as isco is/was there is no chance Dyche will bring a player in that needs carrying, not with the Job that he has on his hands this season.
Garner will eventually be the linchpin of our midfield.
Isco's looking for a tasty wage packet, We're looking for a tasty escape from the despair of relegation.

( The only bleep test being performed with Isco would be the sound coming from the defibrillator after a session with Dyche )

As good a player as isco is/was there is no chance Dyche will bring a player in that needs carrying, not with the Job that he has on his hands this season.
Garner will eventually be the linchpin of our midfield.
Isco's looking for a tasty wage packet, We're looking for a tasty escape from the despair of relegation.

( The only bleep test being performed with Isco would be the sound coming from the defibrillator after a session with Dyche )
Understood, but really what I'm meaning is having someone who can come on for 30 minutes and change a game when we need to. The setup we had yesterday was perfect to defend and counter, but what do we have to pick someone apart when we are chasing a game and our opponents are setup to defend and counter? Yes, hopefully Garner can provide a bit of quality but he's still unproven and someone with a genuine spark of quality might be useful for that situation.

Bring Richy back this summer please.
If spurs miss out on champions league this season then it will be very difficult for them to finish top 4 for the foreseeable as I'll expect rs and Chelsea to come back next year. Who knows about richy...I would take him back but only if he is cheaper than what we got from him...I would be reluctant to do any business with spurs though...

Yeah, Garner would hopefully be that guy but he’s unproven really, I’d rather have one more creative option in there for when we’re the team that needs to do the unpicking.
Just checked he had four goals and eight assists last season and is meant to be good on set pieces, I know it's the championship but still be good to see him get some games I agree we could do with more creativity though. We needed a striker, a wide player with pace and a creative midfielder in the window. Will have to wait to the summer now. Hope we are still in the league good start yesterday.

When an employee (player) is suspended by law it must be on full pay, so yes we paid him. We suspended him to protect him and the club, but can’t refuse to pay him or sack him as unless proven guilty he has in the eyes of the law done nothing wrong.

I dont think that's the case at all. You can be suspended with 0 pay. I know lots of people, who have not committed an action theyve been convicted of, who has been suspended with no pay.

I suspect it will have been covered by insurance though.

So we paid his huge wages for an entire year and the club decided to suspend him when in fact he was innocent all along? Arsenal had similar situation with Partey bu they decided to continue to play him whilst he was going through proceeding/investigation bearing in mind how important he is. I guess different clubs have different views

I very much doubt we paid his wages.

If we had to pay, it would have been covered by insurance. May lead to a high premium though.

I dont think that's the case at all. You can be suspended with 0 pay. I know lots of people, who have not committed an action theyve been convicted of, who has been suspended with no pay.

I suspect it will have been covered by insurance though.
If you know lots of people who have been suspended without pay they should seek legal advice. Suspension should be be under the terms of your contract, so without a clause specifically outlining this is acceptable they are entitled to full pay.

I very much doubt we paid his wages.

If we had to pay, it would have been covered by insurance. May lead to a high premium though.
Pretty sure we’ll have paid his wages , I think we actually paid him off long before but that’s just a reasonably sourced bit of gossip . If it’s a bizzie , a doctor, a footy player or a judge they’ll be suspended and paid I don’t think you can argue because they’re unconvicted so innocent . As regards insurance I can’t imagine what policy would cover that , I’m not being sarcastic but it’s his alleged actions that would cause a situation so how would that work ?

I think a club has take it on the chin and then potentially sue if a conviction occurred

If you know lots of people who have been suspended without pay they should seek legal advice. Suspension should be be under the terms of your contract, so without a clause specifically outlining this is acceptable they are entitled to full pay.

Do you think someone who is accused of certain crimes, would want to go to open court in suing?

It is also quite possible, especially if he has been open about things, that there will be a clause in contracts that he will be in breach of.

I dont want to go into specifics for legal reasons. But the idea you can disclose to your employer actions that may be criminal, and will bring enormous shame to them if true, and you are suspended on full pay is not automatic.

Pretty sure we’ll have paid his wages , I think we actually paid him off long before but that’s just a reasonably sourced bit of gossip . If it’s a bizzie , a doctor, a footy player or a judge they’ll be suspended and paid I don’t think you can argue because they’re unconvicted so innocent . As regards insurance I can’t imagine what policy would cover that , I’m not being sarcastic but it’s his alleged actions that would cause a situation so how would that work ?

I think a club has take it on the chin and then potentially sue if a conviction occurred

Well insurance covers players not being available, potentially for criminal actions. That would be a fairly standard clause in insurance. I suspect that the insurers would sue in such an instance, if he has been paid.

Re paying him off, I have no idea. Theres a world where we just dont pay him. I would say he is very unlikely to launch a legal campaign against us where we to.

Its highly unlikely we paid anything. As has been noted, there is a reason you pay for insurance for players being unavailable. I suspect the immediate suspension cane after this would have ben cleared up.

There would likely be some sort of excess on the policy, we we may pursue later down the line.

Do you think someone who is accused of certain crimes, would want to go to open court in suing?

It is also quite possible, especially if he has been open about things, that there will be a clause in contracts that he will be in breach of.

I dont want to go into specifics for legal reasons. But the idea you can disclose to your employer actions that may be criminal, and will bring enormous shame to them if true, and you are suspended on full pay is not automatic.
No it’s not, but if you are suspended by your employer rather than by mutual consent (which is more a leave of absence) then you are likely to be contractually entitled to full pay whilst suspended. I have dealt with situations were employees have resigned whilst an investigation was ongoing due to its sensitive nature. This was not the case with the player so he will have been paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.