January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000013110.png
Still some deals out there folks

Signings like that are a big part of the reason we are in this mess
Indeed. Which is the reason why I said we were in a better position back then. We probably shouldn't have brought them. But to to say they contributed nothing is wrong.

Arguably now the short term shot in the arm is desperately needed.

But back to the original point of debate, ol Igster was making out players won't join a hoof ball merchant. They will.

It's not like we've been chasing Mbappe either.

The problems with recruitment this window go far beyond Dyche - indeed, back to the point you make, in part. Poor previous buying and the ongoing Ev circus. Not just Dyche as Iggy makes out.

I'm defo getting that plane and banner made up for him though....

That's fair but I dont think we were good enough or winning enough matches to focus on stadiums.

Its been Moshiri's priority ever since he came here.. if you're priority in football is ever anything other than the next game, you'll be found out. We are learning the hard way.
it all leads into one though mate. Everton need to bridge the gap. A stadium is a huge part of that. Goodison is outdated and we need that move.

However, where i do agree is that the people who run the club view it as a silver bullet, that it's going to solve all of our issues magically without any of the other systems being in place.

I do feel sorry for you guys, the Board is making a complete mess of things. But I don't think it is incompetence, yes they are not the best strategic thinkers on the planet but they are not stupid people and they can see that relegation is a serious concern now, particularly with Saints, Leeds and Bournemouth pushing the boat out in this window. The issue must be money, or lack of money and it appears much more serious than I had thought. Moshiri appears desperate to complete the stadium at all costs as he sees that is his best chance of getting some cash back. It is grim but on a positive, it does look like his ownership of EFC will be coming to an end
True , all linked to Usmanov and Moshiri wanting out but needing the stadium finished . Its not going to be pretty but they will be gone once the stadium is finished I reckon. Going to be a tough 2 years and will get worse before it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.