January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not across all our FFP numbers but I think the intention was always to sell an asset this window, maximising their use between summer and now, in this case AG and with FFP accounts running to June 1st and the transfer window opening June 10th, there was never any intention to buy anyone unless it was on an obligation / option to buy. With a threat of relegation, that is a tricky agreement to strike regardless.

I’m going to say this. Considering who we could afford and who we can currently attract, any addition would have cost over the odds and likely made little difference to the rest of our season. IF we find a way to stay up, we may look back at this window as a very good one where we saved money, improved our FFP standing and didn’t agree to ridiculous option to buy agreements that would’ve simply delayed our issues.

Very few players we’ve been linked with and very few of those who have been signed by the ‘bottom half of the table teams’, will have any impact whatsoever in my opinion - because that’s the way the numbers work. Most have never played premier league football and most we have never even heard of. The percentage of first year successes from outside the prem is really low.

Yes one or two might have a few good games but we’ve played this lottery before and more often than not we lose. I understand survival is so important and now might be the time to gamble but I’m convinced that we would just be delaying the inevitable and ending up with more panic buys, average players moving for the money, on long contracts.

We need the current squad to keep us up and that wouldn’t have changed with a couple of average / untested signings. The first 11 on paper isn’t great but it isn’t the worst either but we do need some good fortune for sure. Let’s hope the boys get on a run soon and deliver the wins we need.
100%

I’m all for just playing rhe kids and getting them ready for the championship next year. And I’m being deadly serious, not even facetious. This is us now, the board have to understand the consequences for their incompetence and we as fans need to accept this as our new level for the future until we find our identity again.
that was basically the Bielsa offer wasn’t it. Get in a temp boss to see out the season. accept relegation and a clean slate. let him work with the kids until the end of the season turning them into world beaters who will take the championship by storm. like he did with his Rosario u21s at the start of his career. maybe he was less mad than he seemed

I do feel sorry for you guys, the Board is making a complete mess of things. But I don't think it is incompetence, yes they are not the best strategic thinkers on the planet but they are not stupid people and they can see that relegation is a serious concern now, particularly with Saints, Leeds and Bournemouth pushing the boat out in this window. The issue must be money, or lack of money and it appears much more serious than I had thought. Moshiri appears desperate to complete the stadium at all costs as he sees that is his best chance of getting some cash back. It is grim but on a positive, it does look like his ownership of EFC will be coming to an end

Trust me, it’s incompetence.

We've been throwing bids in all over the shop apparently.

If you can bid that, you should be able to bring some in who make a difference in a club destined for relegation.

Years gone by when we didn't have a pot to piss in we'd be pragmatic an make some signings. Even as recently as Gray and Townsend...

Can I report the Moderator for swearing as I have had various warnings? haha only joking, I couldn't agree more!

He has a big squad but we needed a left back a foward, and maybe a winger ......no outgoings of the first team squad is worrying as we needed to sell to buy .....the big wage earners.....
why LB we have 2 and Godfrey can play there as well, I agree we needed attacking player/players but Garner and Townsend are near to coming back so that should help attacking option. It’s time really a lot of our players show up because so many haven’t this season.

cover_desktop_the-rise-and-fall-of-the-fax-machine.jpg

Denise standing by Everton's fax machine waiting for Neymar's registration to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.