January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not on him personally. It's what he represents.
But we went into today wanting Suelmana and made an enquire for the striker at Coventry.

We scouted him back in the summer extensively and in Sulemana's case he was always our alternative to Danjuma.

So it's not like we drastically shifted targets.

Our recruitment team is crap. Our manager is probably seen as crap, unfairly so maybe but in the last two seasons he was. And we don't have a pot to p*** in.

Every other club in the league has strengthened, we haven’t even stayed the same! Weaker than what we were at the start of the window, we’re a shambles.

So sad seeing us like this, don’t even recognise the club anymore.

I hope Dyche says straight away in his pre match conference that he feels let down an the only way we get through this is by him, the players and the fans having some unity, a bit like last season really. Sod the board, run them out of town but let’s give ourselves a chance ?

I’m not across all our FFP numbers but I think the intention was always to sell an asset this window, maximising their use between summer and now, in this case AG and with FFP accounts running to June 1st and the transfer window opening June 10th, there was never any intention to buy anyone unless it was on an obligation / option to buy. With a threat of relegation, that is a tricky agreement to strike regardless.

I’m going to say this. Considering who we could afford and who we can currently attract, any addition would have cost over the odds and likely made little difference to the rest of our season. IF we find a way to stay up, we may look back at this window as a very good one where we saved money, improved our FFP standing and didn’t agree to ridiculous option to buy agreements that would’ve simply delayed our issues.

Very few players we’ve been linked with and very few of those who have been signed by the ‘bottom half of the table teams’, will have any impact whatsoever in my opinion - because that’s the way the numbers work. Most have never played premier league football and most we have never even heard of. The percentage of first year successes from outside the prem is really low.

Yes one or two might have a few good games but we’ve played this lottery before and more often than not we lose. I understand survival is so important and now might be the time to gamble but I’m convinced that we would just be delaying the inevitable and ending up with more panic buys, average players moving for the money, on long contracts.

We need the current squad to keep us up and that wouldn’t have changed with a couple of average / untested signings. The first 11 on paper isn’t great but it isn’t the worst either but we do need some good fortune for sure. Let’s hope the boys get on a run soon and deliver the wins we need.

If this is correct the offer for Sarr seems stupid. £2m to take him on loan for the rest of the season, £4m in appearance bonuses and then £30m to sign him in the summer if we stay up.
Why would Watford accept that? They are 5th in the championship, with him they probably have a better chance of coming up.

https://www.[Publication is blacklisted due to spam]/en-gb/2023/01/31/everton-ismaila-sarr-watford/

Status
Not open for further replies.