January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we went into today wanting Suelmana and made an enquire for the striker at Coventry.

We scouted him back in the summer extensively and in Sulemana's case he was always our alternative to Danjuma.

So it's not like we drastically shifted targets.

Our recruitment team is crap. Our manager is probably seen as crap, unfairly so maybe but in the last two seasons he was. And we don't have a pot to p*** in.
Was all that actually true or just media talk? Danjuma was fact but tbh I haven’t heard if Sulemana un till yesterday.

But we went into today wanting Suelmana and made an enquire for the striker at Coventry.

We scouted him back in the summer extensively and in Sulemana's case he was always our alternative to Danjuma.

So it's not like we drastically shifted targets.

Our recruitment team is crap. Our manager is probably seen as crap, unfairly so maybe but in the last two seasons he was. And we don't have a pot to p*** in.
The question should be why we didnt have money avilable after a 40m+ sale. We haven't been extravagant in the last couple of years, not even close to the level of spending of perceived rivals like W Ham and Villa

Also a clear example of why late business is bad business and that criticism for failing to ever act early is fair.

It'll actually be worse if we sign someone now as we know it's only going to be ayew standard or less, so what's the point in signing sh*te for the sake of it, may as well promote the kids ahead of that option
I’m all for just playing rhe kids and getting them ready for the championship next year. And I’m being deadly serious, not even facetious. This is us now, the board have to understand the consequences for their incompetence and we as fans need to accept this as our new level for the future until we find our identity again.

For me this is now simple
  • If Thelwell was given funds to sign players, as per Moshiri's interview and he hasn't, then he should be sacked, as it would be utter negligence
  • If he isn't sacked, then he was never given any funds and he should resign as this will make him look so so bad, so I hope he get's some pride and tells them to stick the job

I think it prevents players from having any thoughts that it might be turning around. You can't sell them on anything.
I’d agree with that. SD has an image issue some of it unjustified (that’s more from the way he carries himself in interviews and press conferences) and some of it justifiable (worryingly from seeing his teams play) so he was always going to have a perception issue when players considered playing for him (and in general coming to the club) - in addition I do think the club provided really tight financial parameters so Dyche will have to do this the hard way, through blood sweat and tears. There will be very little style and finesse (if he has it in him)

The question should be why we didnt have money avilable after a 40m+ sale. We haven't been extravagant in the last couple of years, not even close to the level of spending of perceived rivals like W Ham and Villa

Also a clear example of why late business is bad business and that criticism for failing to ever act early is fair.
Sure Bill knows

Taps nose.

Maybe ask Mikel!

Status
Not open for further replies.