January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got to face it we were going to have some very quiet transfer windows after spending so much then have the issues with FFP, I was a surprised we signed so many players in the summer and I was happy with the squad and I still think the squad is good enough to stay up. But Franks way has certainly left us in a mess, im sure Dyches way will be much more fruitful.
Frank has ? Obtuse

Unfortunately can't really get on board with this just because a stadium takes so long to plan and build mate. Whereas you can go from looking relatively okay one season to being relegation battling the next.

A stadium takes the best part of a decade. Teams can go from top 4 to bottom 3 and back in that time.
That's fair but I dont think we were good enough or winning enough matches to focus on stadiums.

Its been Moshiri's priority ever since he came here.. if you're priority in football is ever anything other than the next game, you'll be found out. We are learning the hard way.

Attachments

• 4F3209E1-6A75-4A19-97AF-14385F5E1837.jpeg
    4F3209E1-6A75-4A19-97AF-14385F5E1837.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 113
Highlights that there are players out there for reasonable fees if you have a proper recruitment set up (Mitoma another prime example). We just don’t have a clue what we are doing.

Yep.

We apparently approached 8 players tonight. Not 1 agreed (loan or perm) due to a number of factors.

I’m not across all our FFP numbers but I think the intention was always to sell an asset this window, maximising their use between summer and now, in this case AG and with FFP accounts running to June 1st and the transfer window opening June 10th, there was never any intention to buy anyone unless it was on an obligation / option to buy. With a threat of relegation, that is a tricky agreement to strike regardless.

I’m going to say this. Considering who we could afford and who we can currently attract, any addition would have cost over the odds and likely made little difference to the rest of our season. IF we find a way to stay up, we may look back at this window as a very good one where we saved money, improved our FFP standing and didn’t agree to ridiculous option to buy agreements that would’ve simply delayed our issues.

Very few players we’ve been linked with and very few of those who have been signed by the ‘bottom half of the table teams’, will have any impact whatsoever in my opinion - because that’s the way the numbers work. Most have never played premier league football and most we have never even heard of. The percentage of first year successes from outside the prem is really low.

Yes one or two might have a few good games but we’ve played this lottery before and more often than not we lose. I understand survival is so important and now might be the time to gamble but I’m convinced that we would just be delaying the inevitable and ending up with more panic buys, average players moving for the money, on long contracts.

We need the current squad to keep us up and that wouldn’t have changed with a couple of average / untested signings. The first 11 on paper isn’t great but it isn’t the worst either but we do need some good fortune for sure. Let’s hope the boys get on a run soon and deliver the wins we need.
I get what you are saying but this window wasn’t about other teams - it was about us improving because quite frankly other teams like Bournemouth and Southampton may not have improved their teams/squads at all, and we could still be relegated on the strength or weakness of ours alone. This transfer windows lone objective was the that we strengthened or at least did not weaken - we failed on both fronts

There will be some footballers somewhere in the world who would fancy playing for Everton and earning 40 or 50 grand a week. We just aren't able to find these players.

Deadline day panic is no way to run an established Premier league club. Shame on everyone involved

Teams are realising it now, and we’ve missed the early part of that boat.

Brighton scoured the Americas, Southampton have started to do so, alongside City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc…

We’re still looking at the Premier League, the most over inflated league in the world. Swerve your scouting system and have them all in South America, you become sustainable in no time and build competitive teams.

THIS IS ACTUALLY EMBARRASSING. THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL MUST CONSIDER EVERTON A TOTAL BASKET CASE, MAYBE WITH A BIT OF SYMPATHY GIVEN OUR HISTORY, BUT A BASKET CASE ALL THE SAME

Status
Not open for further replies.