January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I was cheered up a bit by the thought of an underperforming Gordon being sold and 40 plus mil coming into the club, and the concensus in the press is that ALL of this money will be made available for new signings, with 3-4 new players mooted.
Went straight to the Everton Newsnow to see who we are being linked with and started seeing names like Ryan Fraser and Arnautovic which took the shine right off everything.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even when we do get some money to spend we never seem to spend it wisely and even then it's all very last minute and rushed and always comes back to bite us on the bum in the following year/s.
We never seem to learn.
Doing same thing and expecting a different outcome, it's crackers.?‍♂️

Diaz is off to potentially play Champions League football with Villareal next year but yet he’s crap. Good thing we avoided him so by your logic.

Mad to me that there’s still sections of our fans that not only have the audacity to turn their noses up at some players or managers but also act as though they’re utterly crap despite the fact they don’t watch them regularly and much better teams than ours are after them.
I remeber you biting my head off and giving me the same speech when I said i didn’t rate maupay and look how that’s gone so far so maybe wait until afte Diaz has played a few games for villareal before preaching

Linked with Ryan Fraser and Che Adams this morning. Do our scouts ever leave the country? Why does no one who has access to these people really ask Thelwell or somebody else how they propose to improve this team with castoffs, while teams around us buy French and German wonder kids for 11 million. Will Everton ever be anything other than pathetic ever again?

Linked with Ryan Fraser and Che Adams this morning. Do our scouts ever leave the country? Why does no one who has access to these people really ask Thelwell or somebody else how they propose to improve this team with castoffs, while teams around us buy French and German wonder kids for 11 million. Will Everton ever be anything other than pathetic ever again?

Where did Onana come from? Rochdale?

Understandable observation, I get that. Having been dragged to a handful of Cov home games over the last few years by a season ticket holding mate, he is mobile. Really really like watching him. Certainly not just a big lump to punt it to. Mobile without the ball, very competent at picking ball up wide, pulls people about, moves well across the whole front line. Doesn’t look like he’d moan about “service”, pops up all over the line wanting the ball. Best forward on the pitch every time I’ve been.

An inch smaller than Dom at a guess , but far far better at using his arms and general strength, once he is past a player, hard to get back at him even though he has only decent pace, not great pace. I dare say the assumption of his mobility is due to his appearance, shape.

Also probably would have some of the best close dribbling in tight spaces ability in our squad. Sometime a clumsy first touch, but once he has the ball under control it stays oddly close to him when under physical pressure, and as above, he does use his body well. First instinct appears to be to get himself pushed off the pressurising defender then turned so he’s facing the defender and goal, which bodes well as even if passing it’s likely to be forwards rather than the crap non penatrative non-moving wall passes we’ve seen all season. To me, to you.

Get it right, he’s not Benzema. He’s not even the Carlo version of Dom. Certainly he is not a “prospect” we are going to sell for £50m in 2 years. £18m is probably about right. But I’d play him ahead of (and alongside) 2023 Dom every day of the week, and I don’t see anyone better wanting to come here or being affordable.
About as good as an observation on the lad as we’re likely to get…thanks for that. Sounds well worth a shot at that price based on how much Championship prices have skyrocketed. Probably the best player down there that doesn’t look likely to come up, outside of maybe Sarr? I’d like Ndiaye but their odds to be in the Prem next season are currently higher than ours.

Diaz is off to potentially play Champions League football with Villareal next year but yet he’s crap. Good thing we avoided him so by your logic.

Mad to me that there’s still sections of our fans that not only have the audacity to turn their noses up at some players or managers but also act as though they’re utterly crap despite the fact they don’t watch them regularly and much better teams than ours are after them.

He is crap.

Linked by who? I’m assuming clickbait media

Status
Not open for further replies.