January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche and Thelwell agree on Ryan Fraser... I support it. I don't watch him regularly but he always puts in a big performance against us lol

That media line about spending loads of money is ridiculous.

What timeframe do they base it on? In the PL as a whole, we’d be nowhere near the top clubs.

In Moshiri’s tenure? We’ve sold Lukaku Stones Barkley Gueye Richarlison Gordon for the best part of 300 million during that time (and that’s before you count in any other player sales at all) so we’d have had to spend an awful lot gross to have a very high net spend averaged out over the 7 years he’s owned us.

An article in the mirror a few days ago put the figure at 731 mill (although this had every player costing their maximum reported value plus add ons and also had Richy at 50 mill Dele at 40 mill and James at 20 mill)

Let’s say it’s 700 mill (although I’d wager it’s actually a lot less seeing as hardly anyone would have triggered add ons). If you take off the 300 mill sales just for those players I’ve mentioned then it’s a net spend of 400 mill over 7 years, just over 50 mill a season.

That’s the extreme of all figures as well, we’ve sold more players than those listed and the expenditure is probably less but you can see the point. Our real net spend has probably somewhere between 40-50 mill per season (split across all windows) and most of that was front loaded so the average is only going down.

Have we spent that money well? No, of course not. Now do the top 6 clubs have higher expenditure than that? Of course they do. Massively. This throw away line by the media though about 500 million is just not particularly accurate or helpful.

Just looking at this link (transfermarkt) https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0
We have spent 700m Euros, so around 650m pounds. We are 7th in gross spend and 10th in terms of net expenditure.
For sides who have been in the league throughout that period, we are about half way in terms of spend. We are behind the likes of Villa, West Ham, Wolves etc.

If you exclude 2017/18 and go from when Brands arrived we are 11th in terms of gross spend and 14th in terms of net spend (behind Nottingham Forest). We haven't spent that much money, in relative terms.

Tete is apparently available for £3m due to his current contract situation. Leicester are interested, but us and Forrest are supposed to be as well. At that sort of money I would think a few would be interested

How many players do Forest have at this stage?

I'd wager that a good few on here have a better handle on what is needed, what would work and who to go after than that overpaid idiot Thelwell.

Personally I don't spend enough time watching other teams from any division to offer anything like a worthwhile opinion on players, but what is totally obvious as far as we are concerned, are the areas we need to be filling now and its a dereliction of duty in the extreme for this club to be in this position again with a few days of this window left. It's appalling mate.

I can't see it ending anytime soon either, which is possibly the hardest pill to swallow.

This is not EVERTON, it is a shadow of the Club I was brought up on and it saddens me greatly.
This morning I was cheered up a bit by the thought of an underperforming Gordon being sold and 40 plus mil coming into the club, and the concensus in the press is that ALL of this money will be made available for new signings, with 3-4 new players mooted.
Went straight to the Everton Newsnow to see who we are being linked with and started seeing names like Ryan Fraser and Arnautovic which took the shine right off everything.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even when we do get some money to spend we never seem to spend it wisely and even then it's all very last minute and rushed and always comes back to bite us on the bum in the following year/s.
We never seem to learn.

This morning I was cheered up a bit by the thought of an underperforming Gordon being sold and 40 plus mil coming into the club, and the concensus in the press is that ALL of this money will be made available for new signings, with 3-4 new players mooted.
Went straight to the Everton Newsnow to see who we are being linked with and started seeing names like Ryan Fraser and Arnautovic which took the shine right off everything.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even when we do get some money to spend we never seem to spend it wisely and even then it's all very last minute and rushed and always comes back to bite us on the bum in the following year/s.
We never seem to learn.
Linked with

Tete is apparently available for £3m due to his current contract situation. Leicester are interested, but us and Forrest are supposed to be as well. At that sort of money I would think a few would be interested

Sounds like steal get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.