January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need goals
We need creativity

Ryan Fraser does not offer enough of either of the above so for that VERY CLEAR AND BLATANT REASON, I don't think we should be looking at him.

But hey, what do I know compared to a soon to be new manager on a few million a year and a DoF on a fee million a year.
I'd wager that a good few on here have a better handle on what is needed, what would work and who to go after than that overpaid idiot Thelwell.

Personally I don't spend enough time watching other teams from any division to offer anything like a worthwhile opinion on players, but what is totally obvious as far as we are concerned, are the areas we need to be filling now and its a dereliction of duty in the extreme for this club to be in this position again with a few days of this window left. It's appalling mate.

I can't see it ending anytime soon either, which is possibly the hardest pill to swallow.

This is not EVERTON, it is a shadow of the Club I was brought up on and it saddens me greatly.

Honestly when you look at our squad and the system (4-4-2) which is most likely to be used, I don't think they will be spending huge on many positions.

XI

GK - Pickford/Begovic
RB - Patterson/Coleman
CB - Coady/Tarkowski/Mina/Godfrey/Keane/Holgate
LB- Mykolenko/Vingare
RW - Iwobi/Townsend
DM - Onana/Garner
CM - Doucoure/Gueye/Davies
LW - Gray/McNeil
CF - Dominic Calvert-Lewin/Maupay/Simms

We need a striker and right winger
Our Brexit voting, Thatcher loving manager has that covered.

Arnautović, Gyökeres, Sulemana and Ziyech.

The defence is ok. We need players up front to score. We cannot rely on Calvert-Lewin any longer.

Will cost around £67.5m. Kean’s fee should cover the rest.

Deals of Sulemana and Ziyech can be loan with obligation if we stay up.

I think Dyche may use Keane instead of Coady.

Pickford

Patterson Keane Tarkowski Godfrey

Ziyech Gana Onana Sulemana

Gyökeres Arnautović
Chelsea can't do any more loans so Ziyech will have to be a purchase; Arnautovic is injured until mid-feb so will fail a medical.

I'd wager that a good few on here have a better handle on what is needed, what would work and who to go after than that overpaid idiot Thelwell.

Personally I don't spend enough time watching other teams from any division to offer anything like a worthwhile opinion on players, but what is totally obvious as far as we are concerned, are the areas we need to be filling now and its a dereliction of duty in the extreme for this club to be in this position again with a few days of this window left. It's appalling mate.

I can't see it ending anytime soon either, which is possibly the hardest pill to swallow.

This is not EVERTON, it is a shadow of the Club I was brought up on and it saddens me greatly.
Yes but the difference is Thelwell knows the financial restraints and the actual chances we have of signing players, it’s ok for us fans to name player after player, but in reality there is so much that goes on at club level that they may not be realistic options.

Arnautović, Gyökeres, Sulemana and Ziyech.

The defence is ok. We need players up front to score. We cannot rely on Calvert-Lewin any longer.

Will cost around £67.5m. Kean’s fee should cover the rest.

Deals of Sulemana and Ziyech can be loan with obligation if we stay up.

I think Dyche may use Keane instead of Coady.

Pickford

Patterson Keane Tarkowski Godfrey

Ziyech Gana Onana Sulemana

Gyökeres Arnautović
Arnautovic been injured the last mnth. Not sure he passes a medical ?

Chelsea can't do any more loans so Ziyech will have to be a purchase; Arnautovic is injured until mid-feb so will fail a medical.
I think we can if we want to purchase. Just insert a get out clause if we relegate he will get first team football here.

Status
Not open for further replies.