January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely go towards debt/ffp . If we go down, it just about covers the loss in earning next season.

I don't think it's wise to spend £40million this window. Better to go for loans and players who can do a job. Can't see Southampton selling us anyone.

….you think he‘s immobile @Zatara? I think his mobility looks ok;

….do we know if Gyokeres is currently playing in Coventry’s game v Huddersfield? That might indicate if links are true.

He's playing.

He looks slow & crap .

…ah, ok @Zatara was right then.

In the highlights i see flashes of Duncan Ferguson...then when i watch some of the defenders they dont seem to be able to stay on their feet...

I think hes a bit chaotic rather than classy and yes, looks like he runs in treacle.

Very hard to say whether hed be any good.

I think the wiser move would be to get the Sheff Utd kid -- higher fee / wages and do the deal.

Ajax arent having a good season...back for Kudus again i hope.

Likely go towards debt/ffp . If we go down, it just about covers the loss in earning next season.

I don't think it's wise to spend £40million this window. Better to go for loans and players who can do a job. Can't see Southampton selling us anyone.
I think we have to take the risk but should buy the right profile of player so we are not throwing away money and saddling ourselves with a big earner in the championship. If we go down there are clearly suitors for Pickford and Onana and perhaps the Moise K money turns up. The remainder of the squad are quite well equipped for the championship topped up by a couple of high potential talent loans from PL clubs

….fair enough, a few watching today are also suggesting he’s not the answer.
Yes I agree. He looks like a squad option not a first team upgrade. A bit disappointing if we can see it, Coventry fans can see it but Thelwell screws up again

The only saving grace is he is proven in the championship if we go down

Doesnt look mobile...
Understandable observation, I get that. Having been dragged to a handful of Cov home games over the last few years by a season ticket holding mate, he is mobile. Really really like watching him. Certainly not just a big lump to punt it to. Mobile without the ball, very competent at picking ball up wide, pulls people about, moves well across the whole front line. Doesn’t look like he’d moan about “service”, pops up all over the line wanting the ball. Best forward on the pitch every time I’ve been.

An inch smaller than Dom at a guess , but far far better at using his arms and general strength, once he is past a player, hard to get back at him even though he has only decent pace, not great pace. I dare say the assumption of his mobility is due to his appearance, shape.

Also probably would have some of the best close dribbling in tight spaces ability in our squad. Sometime a clumsy first touch, but once he has the ball under control it stays oddly close to him when under physical pressure, and as above, he does use his body well. First instinct appears to be to get himself pushed off the pressurising defender then turned so he’s facing the defender and goal, which bodes well as even if passing it’s likely to be forwards rather than the crap non penatrative non-moving wall passes we’ve seen all season. To me, to you.

Get it right, he’s not Benzema. He’s not even the Carlo version of Dom. Certainly he is not a “prospect” we are going to sell for £50m in 2 years. £18m is probably about right. But I’d play him ahead of (and alongside) 2023 Dom every day of the week, and I don’t see anyone better wanting to come here or being affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.