2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Benitez play a 10? He didn't at Newcastle or at the RS.

Almiron at Newcastle?

He's another who im not arsed if he leaves tbh.

30, injured a lot and doesn't have any pace.

Get £15 million and reinvest in Pereira at WBA who gets goals, assists, has pace and actually would want to be here.

Thing is, I would be delighted with Pereira, think he’s a good player

But that doesn’t need to be at James’ expense

Pereira is the guy you get to rotate with James, not replace him with.

I find it hard to have an opinion of whether it's beneficial for him to stay or go when I don't know his current situation with injuries.

If he can start about 20 of our league games and be available for another few on the bench, then it's a no brainer to keep him really. But if we don't feel he will be able to play regularly once a week, then it's best to move him on and get £10m or something as a fee.

But as I've already said, I really don't think the club will actively be moving him on. If he wants to stay he will stay, but if he wants a move then I think he'll leave.

I’ve said it before having possibly the most talented player I’ve ever seen in an Everton shirt , even if it’s only for 20 something games , surely has to make your squad better ?

whether in terms of basic stats (6 goals /4assists ) or what we watched with our eyes he's a wonderful player and we’re better with him in the side . I’m sure Townsend & gray are top lads and will hopefully be useful additions to the squad but come on hey

I’ve said it before having possibly the most talented player I’ve ever seen in an Everton shirt , even if it’s only for 20 something games , surely has to make your squad better ?

whether in terms of basic stats (6 goals /4assists ) or what we watched with our eyes he's a wonderful player and we’re better with him in the side . I’m sure Townsend & gray are top lads and will hopefully be useful additions to the squad but come on hey

If he can start 20 games in all comps through the season then absolutely I'd keep him. But I have no idea if that is realistic at this stage of his career with the calf issue. The issue is entirely to do with availability because he usually performs when fit.

I find it hard to have an opinion of whether it's beneficial for him to stay or go when I don't know his current situation with injuries.

If he can start about 20 of our league games and be available for another few on the bench, then it's a no brainer to keep him really. But if we don't feel he will be able to play regularly once a week, then it's best to move him on and get £10m or something as a fee.

But as I've already said, I really don't think the club will actively be moving him on. If he wants to stay he will stay, but if he wants a move then I think he'll leave.

Same opinion.

The brother in law has been down to visit for a few days so not had a chance to come in here really and catch up with what's going on (days on beach and nights in the pub sort of thing). Spent last night in the Gray and Townsend threads moaning my troggs off and defending my views against people supporting the signing of two of the worst players we've signed in 10 years.

I completely missed out on this story. I can't believe we are openly selling the best player to have played for our club in my memory (early seventies onwards), and I can't believe there are blues actually supporting this decision. At times last year he was the only player that made Everton watchable.

I hated Benitez before he was connected to us. Every single thing he/the club has done since he took over has made me hate him even more.

Looks happy in training, around Formby etc., heading out to Florida with the squad, nothing truly concrete in the news.

Commercially alone, it makes sense to keep the lad for two more seasons. He might still leave but I hope and am leaning towards the fact he's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.