2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow just listened to the press conference and he’s really going. What a bummer! I hate Everton so much.

Im guessing Rafael doesn’t see him as a fit for the team he wants so James isn’t a guaranteed start so he’s going.

TBH I think England is difficult for James the language and the culture and also the pace of the game so it’s not that surprising.

Wow just listened to the press conference and he’s really going. What a bummer! I hate Everton so much.

Im guessing Rafael doesn’t see him as a fit for the team he wants so James isn’t a guaranteed start so he’s going.

TBH I think England is difficult for James the language and the culture and also the pace of the game so it’s not that surprising.
It is disappointing, yeah. I wouldn’t be so bothered if we’d brought in another creative passer. As it is we’re Siggy and James down on last season and I’m struggling to see where the goals and chances are in the team.

It is disappointing, yeah. I wouldn’t be so bothered if we’d brought in another creative passer. As it is we’re Siggy and James down on last season and I’m struggling to see where the goals and chances are in the team.
Including assists I Think it’s direct involvement in 33 goals last season that’s a lot up replace especially given we’re hardly prolific

Of course it's nonsense. Yerry Mina was at James House earlier this week. So unless he is isolating and out of the squad, we know it's nonsense.

That said, Kean and Gbamin did miss the Utd game with the same excuse, and I get the impression Gbamin is not 1 of the ones for the chop.

It's a brilliant, convenient excuse for any unwanted questions at press conferences though. Certainly beats "1 of our players is being questioned by police and we are helping with the investigation".
The best thing going for gbamin is that he hasn’t played enough to confirm he is a terrible signing.
The club is being run like a circus, without any direction or plan

Including assists I Think it’s direct involvement in 33 goals last season that’s a lot up replace especially given we’re hardly prolific
Exactly. We were struggling to create as it was last season. We’ve lost the two most creative players we had who had most chance creation, goal involvement etc. I’m looking around and seeing Richie and DCL that will get goals, not a single other one in that team could realistically be expected to get more than two or three goals at a push. Also not really seeing who’s got the quality, composure in the final third to pick a pass. It’s a big concern.

I get folk saying we’re going to play on the counter attack but what are going to do at home against the lower half teams that come and sit deep? We’ve got no quality to open them up - we can’t counter attack against Watford, for example if they don’t get out their own half and hoof balls up to Troy Deeney.

Think some are being a bit flippant about taking James out this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.