Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some serious bed wetting by grown men on here. Better things in life to worry about.

Besides wasn’t long ago we survived by skin of our teeth against Coventry and Wimbledon, that’s a lower possession than this. Going into the final game of the season.
Of course ,after all it is only togger.
More important or worse things happening in most lives.
But lowest ebbs of supporting Everton are on a lesser level.

Its the least that I have felt connected with the club in all my years and maybe that is the real issue, that probably does make it one of the worst times for me. The disconnect between the club and the fans, which is from the players to the board and the now former manager. I had to unfollow all everton related accounts on social media, in around November because I just couldn't read another BS post about the club. I stopped following the current and ex players as well as each poor performance and bad result was followed by the same old trite "we go again" rubbish. Watching the club go on another bad run was one thing but the players not really giving a toss and the manager having no real plan was just too much for me.
Relegation is obviously not the answer. We have been close to that before, surviving on the last day a couple of times in the 1990's and being safe with only a few games to go on a few other occasions. But you could see the fight in the team and in the dug out. The game at weekend was still poor, but there was at least some fight from the players and we lost by 1 decent chance they created. The good news is we have time to get out of the mess we are in.

My main worry is that it’s just been an almost constant downward trajectory since Moshiri bought us, with only really the start of last season under Carlo being the exception. Every bad decision Moshiri makes makes the prospect of relegation more likely… from having our hands tied by FFP after past financial mismanagement to the most calamitous managerial hire in our history. The names were being linked with at the moment don’t fill me with much hope either. It genuinely feels like we’re in free fall at the moment and I fear it could get much worse

No. Koeman as manager was much more torturous. I would slowly pull out every single hair on my head every day and every hour he was manager. I held a 4 week non-stop party when he got sacked. I wrote to the city concil to hold a parade. Fireworks. Everything. Nothing wil ever beat the darkness of those days.

I’m not just talking about this minute. The Koeman appointment was the beginning of this descent into where we’re at now.

Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

So we finally have more money than we could ever have dreamt of back then.
We‘ve got a state of the art stadium being built on the iconic waterfront.
It seems churlish to even compare with those days?

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

Is this the darkest time in our history?
Not yet.

Yes in my lifetime, in the past you could perhaps tolerate us being useless, due to the lack of funds, we've spent millions on crap. Another issue is the fans, in the past we were far more united, however I've noticed a more division in recent years over all sorts of stupid things. The protest against arsenal was a typical example, it wasn't a perfect idea, but why people thought the need to abuse those taking part I don't know.

Only my opinion Joey, but I think he prefers the security of a salaried coaching role, rather than the massive insecurity that would come with the managers job.

Pay your bills and have a nice standard of living, family stability, with minimal pressure or take the higher paid, but incredibly risky and potentially short lived higher paid job and find yourself unemployed in six months.
100% correct.

Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

So we finally have more money than we could ever have dreamt of back then.
We‘ve got a state of the art stadium being built on the iconic waterfront.
It seems churlish to even compare with those days?

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

Is this the darkest time in our history?
It’s really bad at the moment but it’s not our darkest day yet!!!
There would need to be actual relegation and the stadium fall through at the same time and then yes I’d say we would be there.

honestly it isn't we just like being dramatic

at end of day we have a billionaire owner, a squad full of international players, some great youth prospects and a new stadium on the horizon

its just the league position is sucky and we have no manager

And yet, when all is said and done, it is only the “league position” which is of any importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.