Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dysfunction at Senior management level.

An unbalanced squad that lacks character.

Leeches 'involved' in the acquiring of staff.

It's been dark days at this club especially since last Summer through my eyes.

I feel like I'm slowly watching us sink into the abyss and facilitated by the people running the club. It's so bad it's feels deliberate.

With the amount of money in the game now and the god awful financial situation we find ourselves in it feels like a sliding doors moment…

We get relegated and things could escalate quickly.

We stay up, we consolidate for a few seasons, go into the new stadium and progress as a club that could be a major force in the league.

Dysfunction at Senior management level.

An unbalanced squad that lacks character.

Leeches 'involved' in the acquiring of staff.

It's been dark days at this club especially since last Summer through my eyes.

I feel like I'm slowly watching us sink into the abyss and facilitated by the people running the club. It's so bad it's feels deliberate.
I’ve said this before, if you wanted to destroy a long standing football do what we do and have done.

It's just the first time in many many years that we're a joke club. This is hard to take - even if you genuinely don't GAF about what other fans / media say.
This has never been something you'd associate with Everton, going back years and years.

Guess all clubs go through phases of total [Poor language removed] shambles eventually, just hope we get away with it (ie it lasts a couple of seasons, not a couple of decades).

Just when you think things cannot get any worse, the news comes through that Prentice, another Kenwright lapdog is now invited to get involved with the club.
We are doomed, all doomed

We'd be sitting around where villa are now. Would have been another mid table boring season.
The reason we are in a dangerous place is because Moshri went against everyone telling him not to go near benitez. Stubborn owner went for a stubborn fossil of a manager.
We can get out of this. We're just on the back end of 7 toxic months with someone who has a history of creating a nasty atmosphere at clubs, let alone a club that has a historic rivalry with one of his former clubs.
Can get out of it. As long as Moshri stays away from the football decisions.

I think it feels so dire because we live in a media driven age, I started properly supporting the Toffees in the mid to late 60's, before that it was my Dad, but yeah the 70's saw us implode and lose our way, but it's a different game these days, everyone connected to the playing side seem to be weak and incompetent, no backbone, no character, no fresh ideas, so yeah it feels worse. However, if we do by some minor miracle stay up it will feel like we won the ruddy Cup! And isn't that why we love football?

Let’s wait and see who is actually appointed. If it is Pereira then you have to really question in what interests the club is being run. Rafael’s appointment was bad but he at least had the football CV that could in some way justify the decision as an honest mistake. I’m not sure Pereira would even be an honest one. But Pereira doesn’t yet have the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.