Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Hucker

Player Valuation: £30m
Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

So we finally have more money than we could ever have dreamt of back then.
We‘ve got a state of the art stadium being built on the iconic waterfront.
It seems churlish to even compare with those days?

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

Is this the darkest time in our history?

Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

It would take actual relegation to make it the darkest period in my view.

It's sad to see the club seemingly unfolding like this though, and in full media glare.

We have become a full-blown joke and a laughing stock.

I can brush that off a little more than I could in the past but when you actually stop to reflect on the situation, it brings just sadness for me.

Early 1950s took us two seasons to return to the big time mate .....

I think in some terms it could be

We have blown £500m on mediocre players
We have sacked 4 managers and one walked out on us
We have it appears lost our identity
We have most probably the worst squad in terms of fight and determination that I can remember
We have a fan base that is split over every manager

I guess to counter that

We have a new stadium being built
If we did get the manager right, he would have the funds to rebuild

Going to be tough this next 6-12 mths

honestly it isn't we just like being dramatic

at end of day we have a billionaire owner, a squad full of international players, some great youth prospects and a new stadium on the horizon

its just the league position is sucky and we have no manager
We do tend to be overly dramatic, but I do feel like this is the most hopeless team/squad since the Wimbledon escape. I can't see how any manager will get a tune out of them.

I think in some terms it could be

We have blown £500m on mediocre players
We have sacked 4 managers and one walked out on us
We have it appears lost our identity
We have most probably the worst squad in terms of fight and determination that I can remember
We have a fan base that is split over every manager

I guess to counter that

We have a new stadium being built
If we did get the manager right, he would have the funds to rebuild

Going to be tough this next 6-12 mths
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.