Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1962 I have supported the blues - this is or maybe the worst time ever .....
Strange,when that lot were winning everything and we couldn't win a derby for toffee, it never felt this down.
Even the dark days of the Coventry league cup game were enough was enough and folk never turned up.
Maybe that's the problem, the PL, and excessive fans with season tickets, away fans desperate for tickets, all believing the PL hype.
The answer is stop going, but if hard earned cash is used to pre-pay games(which season tickets are)I wouldn't miss out,whether it meant giving or selling my seat.

From a previous post..

@daviescreamchinos ???
FJV2qnRWUAQaafP.jpeg.jpg

Rather give it to Big Dunc TBH .....

Only my opinion Joey, but I think he prefers the security of a salaried coaching role, rather than the massive insecurity that would come with the managers job.

Pay your bills and have a nice standard of living, family stability, with minimal pressure or take the higher paid, but incredibly risky and potentially short lived higher paid job and find yourself unemployed in six months.

Feels that way to me, and suspect it feels that way for any blue 32 or under. It was bad to watch under Allardyce but he came in to do a job and did it. It was infuriating towards the end of Martinez’s reign but the board stepped in and sorted it.

Feels like we’re one bad appointment away from relegation and it’s on the horizon. Even more galling that we’re being run into the ground by that self serving rat Joorabchian. The way things stand, we’re the worst team in the league and we’re going down. It’s got a horrible air of inevitability about it, like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Only my opinion Joey, but I think he prefers the security of a salaried coaching role, rather than the massive insecurity that would come with the managers job.

Pay your bills and have a nice standard of living, family stability, with minimal pressure or take the higher paid, but incredibly risky and potentially short lived higher paid job and find yourself unemployed in six months.
Have you seen the credentials of the proposed new manager we have turned down twice already - some stability the currant position we are in ......

I have been as concerned in the past but its not far off being up there after over 50 years supporting Everton , I have always attempted to believe its going to come right I am getting to point of giving in but cant !
The main worry is we had money to burn , that is also in jeopardy , we have not got it right finding a combination of players or manager to match the pounds spent , we are a rudderless ship hiring and firing at will , with no co-ordinated plan .
This however is not a unique situation in regards the P/L , the ownership of clubs seemingly a key factor , disconnect between owners , board and management , I only can hope this turns around but it looks like its going to be a luck rather than rational decisions that pull us out of this mess

We were challenging for a CL spot this time last year, we'd won our first Derby match for 10 years, so no it isn't. Anything current feels raw as time hasn't gone by to the round the edges. IF we get relegated then we can start to talk about it.

The position we find ourselves in was not too dissimilar to 19/20 when we had 19 points after 18 games. It's more the almost constant drain over these last 8 years is building up causing the bitterness and not the general position which we have been in fairly regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.