Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

So we finally have more money than we could ever have dreamt of back then.
We‘ve got a state of the art stadium being built on the iconic waterfront.
It seems churlish to even compare with those days?

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

Is this the darkest time in our history?
We have no style of play, no manager that fits, a board that make ridiculous decisions, fans that throw things at ex players forced out of the club, fans that boo all the time and turn on everything at the drop of a hat (Dom and Dunc the latest targets of vitriol), links with an agent that's out for himself and not even a good agent let alone advisor to an owner that's clueless. I can't say it's the darkest time ever, I don't know, but it doesn't feel good at all supporting Everton atm

It is but I think he’s implying that they’re both positive things by default.
It's not even that true.
Our current (full) international players are:

Pickford
Patterson
Richarlison
DCL
Mina
Iwobi
Mykolenko
Coleman
Rondon

Of them you'd expect maybe 6 to start most games?
In terms of ex-internationals you have:
Begovic
Keane
Allan
Delph
Townsend
El Ghazi
Gbamin
Gomes
Tosun

Yes ...in my memory ... mings post match interview just about summed it up really for me, a grin of disdain and pity on his face ... asked about the bottle incident .... that's all they have here really , they just try and make it nasty and horrible... slippy ambling across the pitch with a smile on his face... really I've never felt as low as an Everton fan , dunno why ....should've felt worse after all the derby hammerings.
Club being run like it's still in the 60s by kenwright and moshiri.... remember when we used to be good at football and goodison was fortress, respected as a club by everyone.... now look at us ... they just try and make it nasty and horrible, that's all they've got ?

honestly it isn't we just like being dramatic

at end of day we have a billionaire owner, a squad full of international players, some great youth prospects and a new stadium on the horizon

its just the league position is sucky and we have no manager

Alex iwobi is an international player. Thats how much that statement means.

No. Koeman as manager was much more torturous. I would slowly pull out every single hair on my head every day and every hour he was manager. I held a 4 week non-stop party when he got sacked. I wrote to the city concil to hold a parade. Fireworks. Everything. Nothing wil ever beat the darkness of those days.

Err, no.relegation must have been the worst of all. I started going in the second season in Div.2. Relegation next May could be worse given the state of the playing staff and Vitor P in charge. Season ticket renewals are in grave doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.