Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so what.
What's wrong with people feeling hopeless about the situation?
Why should they be? We're a few points away from safety with 18 games left.

Presumabaly you were there for the relegation campaigns of the 90s?

How is this in any way comparable as a 'darkest time'?

Why should they be? We're a few points away from safety with 18 games left.

Presumabaly you were there for the relegation campaigns of the 90s?

How is this in any way comparable as a 'darkest time'?

Of course I was.

Our issues then was an outdated BoD and being skint.

Now our issues are an outdated BoD, owners running us into the ground under a whole guise of new restrictions, fan apathy, divided fanbase, costs which are perilous.

Relegation to me doesn't define failure.

I do think our current situation has massively snow balled and the hive mind mentality on twitter has escalated things.

Until we're in the bottom three, I don't see us getting relegated at all.

It's bad and seems worse because of the massive investment in largely poor players. Even the biggest doom-monger cannot accuse Moshiri of not funding the club.

The fundamental problem is we lack any sort of apparent plan, there may be one, but none of us can see it. Consequently the fanbase is divided into many different factions, from idealists who think they will change things by protest to apathetic fans who simply don't believe protest will change a thing and the many variations inbetween. No fans are "happy" with the current situation, just divided by what the outcome may be.

Personally my glass is usually half-full, so I can take a view that we probably won't be relegated and if we appoint the right manager we should improve. But I have said that since Moyes left - and for all but one season, I was wrong - or at least the club appointments were.

Worst era ever? Lee, latter part of Smith, Kendall II & III were either as bad or worse. And we did not have a pot to pee in. Worst of all we even appointed Sam Allardyce and his tiny mutant pee-stain, and then Benitez. No it is not the worst, not by any stretch of the imagination. But is is bad.

I'm looking forward to our next win and some goals. I'm quite optimistic.
But I don't have to rub shoulders with kopites every day of the week.

I think social media makes it seem as dark as I have seen the club 1983. There were bad times in between. Wimbledon and Coventry were 2 really close scrapes.

But those teams had something about them. This team is full of characters that I am abit ashamed play for the jersey. And I would have said in November we will be in trouble with them. This is coming for a number of years now. It's the owner and board. Crazy managerial decisions (apart from carlo who was worth the risk) and dreadful recruitment.

Get out of this mess this season and it wont seem as dark.

I think in some terms it could be

We have blown £500m on mediocre players
We have sacked 4 managers and one walked out on us
We have it appears lost our identity
We have most probably the worst squad in terms of fight and determination that I can remember
We have a fan base that is split over every manager

I guess to counter that

We have a new stadium being built
If we did get the manager right, he would have the funds to rebuild

Going to be tough this next 6-12 mths
I am not sure they are that bad, even under Benitez, we fought back from being goals down and quite a few occasions?

Some perspective, we’re not Accrington Stanley. We’ve not been relegated as some other big clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Villa have (yet).

……but no question, we’ve had some less than satisfactory times. Some here will remember back to Gordon Lee. Even the great HK had some bad spells. Mike Walker.

Walter Smith had such a crap unbalanced squad he once fielded 6 CB lumps (4 along the back & 2 in MF..).

So we finally have more money than we could ever have dreamt of back then.
We‘ve got a state of the art stadium being built on the iconic waterfront.
It seems churlish to even compare with those days?

Yet I don’t ever remember feeling that the clubs was in such a free fall. Full credit to Moshiri for the money he’s ploughed in, but his repeated meddling & bad decisions has brought the club to it’s knees. And he‘s not showing any signs of changing. This alleged link with this scumbag Joorabchian is quite depressing.

Is this the darkest time in our history?
Why are we paying managers off when they are sacked. When did that make sense to anyone.

I think our best 11 is still more than good enough to pull away, but our horrendous run of injuries coupled with some attrocious tactics has meant that first 11 has had little opportunity to click. I think when they do, we will ramp up more than enough points to get us secure. But we absolutely MUST get a decent midfielder and swear on every holy text ever written never to go with a 2 man midfield ever again!

For me it is.

Last night I lost sleep for the first time in my life with the club on my mind.

I dont want to renew, I don't endorse or support Farhad but how do I tell my sons that whom are oblivious to the landscape the stewardship of the club operate in? I honestly see similarities between ourselves and clubs like Blackpool where the fans and owner's relationship broke down irrevocably.

Its well on its way to that.

I dont have any hope. I don't support a regime where the owner does as he wants , whom relies on agents who are obviously taking him for a ride and who is so oblivious to the fan base that he simply seemingly doesn't care what they feel or think.

I'm not saying the fans should pick the manager etc but communicate, get a sense of perspective, be transparent and explain your choices.

Show us a plan.

We don't get anything and it's a stinging indictment of the way the club is ran.

If i ran the business like they do I'd be sacked. If I didn't see the bigger picture I'd be sacked.

I am done. I'm exhausted, frustrated, tired and this current guise of Everton is one I don't see as Everton.

Pull yerself together son lol lol

Certainly is for me but I’ve not been following the club for long so definitely very much a personal view.

Biggest concern for me has been the realization over the last few years that Moshiri is not too bright when it comes to the football side of things and lacks complete self awareness in that regards.

He’s made a right hash of things yet remains the person in charge of fixing said mess. Grim indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.