Is this the darkest time in the club’s history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should they be? We're a few points away from safety with 18 games left.

Presumabaly you were there for the relegation campaigns of the 90s?

How is this in any way comparable as a 'darkest time'?
I think its different now though, as we though Moshiri would bring a new era to Everton, not make a worse one them we have seen for a long time.
The expectation levels went up, only for him to shatter it

With respect.

I travel 120 miles round trip to Goodison. Away too.

I spend thousands for mine and families tickets.

Everton is the boys life. Its not easy thinking about having to take that away from them because of my dismay at the owners. It's easy for me but not so much when it comes to my kids.
Aahhh yeah. One of them. Buys PlayStation 5... for the kids.

Meanwhile the library on it is filled with streets of rage and original sonics.

Why are we paying managers off when they are sacked. When did that make sense to anyone.

Unfortunately that‘s employment law.

Most of us plebs who work for less that half a million a year are on contracts with one week or one month notice period. Maybe 3 months.

For Bankers & anyone in football, failure is a lucrative business.

I wouldn’t dispute that we have fought back in games, but let’s be honest not enough to turn into wins
I agree mate, but i still believe that had we been setup correctly we would have? our midfield is overrun every single game. I was genuienly shocked when Ferguson played two in the middle as well!

With respect.

I travel 120 miles round trip to Goodison. Away too.

I spend thousands for mine and families tickets.

Everton is the boys life. Its not easy thinking about having to take that away from them because of my dismay at the owners. It's easy for me but not so much when it comes to my kids.

I just think losing sleep over Everton is a tad melodramatic mate.

We're not going into liquidation and we've been crap for 27 years.

In the 1990s, twice we were in a real relegation battle - the famous Wimbledon last game escape in 1993-94 and in 1997-98 only surviving relegation on goal difference. They were very low points.
We aren't there yet... but we're on that path. I would vastly prefer that we get back on track now and "comfortably" finish 14th, rather than having to endure another great escape on the last day of the season.

Whoever comes in as manager, I hope we have a decent clearout of the squad over the summer. There's a dozen, including those imminently out of contract, that are either not of the quality or the character (or both) necessary to be Everton players.

Yes ...in my memory ... mings post match interview just about summed it up really for me, a grin of disdain and pity on his face ... asked about the bottle incident .... that's all they have here really , they just try and make it nasty and horrible... slippy ambling across the pitch with a smile on his face... really I've never felt as low as an Everton fan , dunno why ....should've felt worse after all the derby hammerings.
Club being run like it's still in the 60s by kenwright and moshiri.... remember when we used to be good at football and goodison was fortress, respected as a club by everyone.... now look at us ... they just try and make it nasty and horrible, that's all they've got ?
Those comments by Mings hurt me a lot, between that and their manager. They didn't hide their disdain for us. Villa were laughing at us. Hopefully we stay up, and settle a few old scores, when we play gerrard and Villa again.

Status
Not open for further replies.