Howard Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could all easily be sorted out by the introduction of a 3 man video referee panel,it works in rugby league,and union.
The fa and fifa wouldn't have it though as they can't fix games.

This could all easily be sorted out by the introduction of a 3 man video referee panel,it works in rugby league,and union.
The fa and fifa wouldn't have it though as they can't fix games.

That's sensible.

In MLS (yeah, I know, I know) they gave a player a one game suspension for diving in a match using video evidence.

It can be done.

Fellaini didn't actually get dismissed for that. He went off injured. Not sure he even got cautioned. Yeah, it was similar though.

I'm not sure Kompany deliberately stamped on Cahill's ankle or whether Fellaini stomped on that big Greek kopite lunkhead, I think these things just look worse in slow motion.

Hmm, you are right. I always thought both Felliani and kyriakos got reds for that tackle. Learned something today.

I think he's usually decent, he doesn't live up to his reputation. He was brutal today, though. Brutal.

I think he's usually decent, he doesn't live up to his reputation. He was brutal today, though. Brutal.

At 1-0, when Saha burst past Kompany and was taken out at the edge of the area, he was only a few feet away. That for me was the worst decision.

Funny thing is that last week (Bolton v Norwich), despite giving Klasnic his marching orders for a supposed headbutt, he was extremely lenient. There were some dirty challenges from behind with some going unpunished. The problem with Webb is his ego...he has let his standards drop cause he thinks his **** don't stink since the World Cup final.

At 1-0, when Saha burst past Kompany and was taken out at the edge of the area, he was only a few feet away. That for me was the worst decision.

Carbon copy of when Baines got blown up when aguero ran into the back of him as well.

The ref was a total joke.

Will say that Webb had an influence of the match with his calls. I think without the early cards, the result would have been different. Not saying we would have won, but it would have been different. Missed the first half as I was at my son' footy match, but had updates every so often through twitter. Got home and caught the second half. Was so belligerent I had to wait until today to post to avoid Lineker level posting.

He had a shocker. Even Alan Hansen said Kompany could of got a red for the stamp on Tim.

I said it before the game that I do think he's a good ref but he always seems to be absolutely awful against us.

But Howard Webb was not the reason we lost.

I don't think we are blaming him for the loss, but his poor officiating has to have some outcome on the result. The bookings of Rodwell and Neville restricted the man marking of Silva, whilst also giving Silva the thought of if I throw myself over I am going to get the free-kick.

The foul on Saha at 1-0 on the edge of the box was a massive moment, an obvious booking for Kompany too - who could/should have been off anyway*

* I did'nt think he should have initially, but have changed my mind after seeing it. He ****s himself when the whistle goes, expecting to be off IMO

I don't think we are blaming him for the loss, but his poor officiating has to have some outcome on the result. The bookings of Rodwell and Neville restricted the man marking of Silva, whilst also giving Silva the thought of if I throw myself over I am going to get the free-kick.

The foul on Saha at 1-0 on the edge of the box was a massive moment, an obvious booking for Kompany too - who could/should have been off anyway*

* I did'nt think he should have initially, but have changed my mind after seeing it. He ****s himself when the whistle goes, expecting to be off IMO

We didn't really deserve anything from the game, that was my point.

But he had a shocker. One of the top 3-5 worst ref displays I've ever seen against us.

the 3 worst challenges in the game- ballotelli on jagielka, toure on coleman and kompanys stamp on cahil l= one booking between them. embarressing display mr webb. will moyles go to the FA with a complaint - will he sh!te

the 3 worst challenges in the game- ballotelli on jagielka, toure on coleman and kompanys stamp on cahil l= one booking between them. embarressing display mr webb. will moyles go to the FA with a complaint - will he sh!te

And yet the media are making out that we were a disgrace and very dirty yesterday....

Yeh Webb was gash.

I was shouting at the TV when he didn't give us those free kicks on the edge of the box after he'd booked our players for nothing challenges.

Who knows what might have happened if he'd given those free kicks... Baines...

And yet the media are making out that we were a disgrace and very dirty yesterday....

i dont get any papers so ??????? anywho- the stamp and silva trying to get neville sent off, if we did those things the media should rightly get on our case. any links?

Status
Not open for further replies.