Howard Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysblue

Player Valuation: £15m
When Webb come onto the premier league refereeing scene he seemed to be a breathe of fresh air. Not falling for prima donna players throwing themselves all over the place or showing the sky 4 (at the time) preferential treatment.

Something has changed in the last couple of years....he is truly dire!!

Today's display was nothing short of shocking, every 50:50 decision went to City, every tackle we made - free kick. We finished the match with 5 booked, yes 5 considering there were no real bad challenges:-

Rodwell - good strong challenge, not even a foul in my book
Osman - Shoulder to shoulder with the man mountain that is Micah Richards
Neville - For an accidental collision - Silva rolling round was an embarrassment
Cahill - Untidy challenge, but not a booking
Jags - For clipping that **** Balotelli (I would hate someone like that to play for us)

Adding to all that rubbish, he didn't give 2 blatant fouls on the edge of the City box (Saha and Baines).

Yeah, he cocked it up today good style.

Do referees have their matches reviewed? Is there any process that allows for this?

As there was no absolutely controversial issue I doubt it will be taken any further by the FA. Although Moyes will be fined for his comments. Today was one of the worst displays since the Clattenburg derby.

you`re right to highlight webbs one sided reffing today but we`ve all seen loads worse- infact it doesnt even register on the clattenberg ometer - that mental case is banned from taking charge of any Everton games

I agree the ref had a poor game but imo Jags and Cahill where bookings,both tackles where from behind

It's crap how the English game has gone, we're pandering to the foreigners and their sh*thouse ways.

Needs stamping out and quick.

This.

I think before they are allowed to play in Britain, foreign players should be shown a compilation video of the 70's and 80's greatest sliding tackles, and told, "This is how WE play over here"

Rodwell's for me was a good strong challenge, took ball and man! Something that I often think Rodwell doesn't do enough of.

Maybe Cahill and Jags could be justified. The one that was truly ridiculous was Osman's. Shoulder to shoulder, but 3 stone and 4 inches difference - wasn't even a foul.

you`re right to highlight webbs one sided reffing today but we`ve all seen loads worse- infact it doesnt even register on the clattenberg ometer - that mental case is banned from taking charge of any Everton games

It won't be remembered because there were no major controversial decisions, just one totally inept display. This one will stick in the memory for me as it was so one-sided it was untrue.

It's crap how the English game has gone, we're pandering to the foreigners and their sh*thouse ways.

Needs stamping out and quick.

Who is to blame though? I think it is the FA/Referees. If they all decide to crack down on it the players will soon stop. When Silva lightly brushed Neville's leg and rolled around like a total fanny, I just really wouldn't to smash his face in. Good job the wife was sat next to me!

We see the British players doing it now Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Young are fine examples of players throwing themselves to the ground every time someone goes near them. The only way it stop is if the FA/Referees grow a pair and do their ****ing job properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.