Howard Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is to blame though? I think it is the FA/Referees. If they all decide to crack down on it the players will soon stop. When Silva lightly brushed Neville's leg and rolled around like a total fanny, I just really wouldn't to smash his face in. Good job the wife was sat next to me!

We see the British players doing it now Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Young are fine examples of players throwing themselves to the ground every time someone goes near them. The only way it stop is if the FA/Referees grow a pair and do their ****ing job properly!

There needs to be a post game review panel who target cheating, playacting and gamesmanship and have the authority to publicly reprimand those that do and subject bans. It would soon stop.

The kids are copying all this cheating now, which is a worry.

he was defo a homer today .poor show from a world cup final ref

I take it you went mate, gutted for you. The prick Webb threw any cards out early to prevent us from roughing them up. The sh*thouse. We'll see more and more favourable decisions for City as they have money now and the refs won't want to rock the boat.

Poor show today from Webb, but I still believe he is one of the best around. Comparing this to the Clattenberg derby is ludicrous though. All the calls today were within the realm of "had a bad day / didn't have a great view / just tried to protect players." Mostly one sided, but Toure got a harsh booking too.

I'm glad we didn't end up with any reds as if we had a suspension to add to our short squad going into the derby, I would have been more frustrated right now.

To me, Rodwell got the ball before he got ankle (and it wasn't high). Good strong tackle that looked awful in realtime, but when I saw slo-mo it was evident that he actually beat silva to the ball. Can't be a yellow in my book.

Neville's was a joke and should have been a yellow for diving from silva, not one for neville. Didn't look a foul to me, much less one necessitating a card.

Cahill's tackle was awkward, maybe a yellow. My complaint on that one is that Kompany clearly just jumped on and aimed to stamp on cahill's ankle. It was very similar to the felliani/kyriagos collision that ended with both players getting ejected. Cahill's takle was lacking in skill but Kompany was trying to (and did) hurt another player and got off scot free. I can't believe this isn't more of a talking point.

Osman's shoulder charge I think would have been good, but it looked like he kicked out at the city player too, so I think that is what (properly) led to the card. That was stupid.

Jags - Given the way the game was being officiated, that was going to be a card. Unless he was just trying to get Balotelli to act petulently and get him off his game, there wasn't anything smart about that tackle.

Howard Webb is the worst ref in the Premiership for me. Mainly because he has such a big reputation but also because everytime I've seen him ref in our game, he's been dreadful.

Dowd is the best.

Poor show today from Webb, but I still believe he is one of the best around. Comparing this to the Clattenberg derby is ludicrous though. All the calls today were within the realm of "had a bad day / didn't have a great view / just tried to protect players." Mostly one sided, but Toure got a harsh booking too.

I'm glad we didn't end up with any reds as if we had a suspension to add to our short squad going into the derby, I would have been more frustrated right now.

To me, Rodwell got the ball before he got ankle (and it wasn't high). Good strong tackle that looked awful in realtime, but when I saw slo-mo it was evident that he actually beat silva to the ball. Can't be a yellow in my book.

Neville's was a joke and should have been a yellow for diving from silva, not one for neville. Didn't look a foul to me, much less one necessitating a card.

Also, just reading everyones different thoughts on each decisions does actually show it is a difficult job

Cahill's tackle was awkward, maybe a yellow. My complaint on that one is that Kompany clearly just jumped on and aimed to stamp on cahill's ankle. It was very similar to the felliani/kyriagos collision that ended with both players getting ejected. Cahill's takle was lacking in skill but Kompany was trying to (and did) hurt another player and got off scot free. I can't believe this isn't more of a talking point.

Osman's shoulder charge I think would have been good, but it looked like he kicked out at the city player too, so I think that is what (properly) led to the card. That was stupid.

Jags - Given the way the game was being officiated, that was going to be a card. Unless he was just trying to get Balotelli to act petulently and get him off his game, there wasn't anything smart about that tackle.

I'm not comparing it to the Clattenburg derby, just saying it is one of the worst displays I can remember since then and because of the lack of really controversial decisions his display won't be highlighted as much.

I agree with the comparison with Cahill/Kompany and Kryiakos/Fellaini, but that day we lost Fellaini for 6 months and god knows how long Tim is out for.

Also worth noting that I believe this could have been the tipping point in the game. Neville takes over marking Silva to keep Rodwell away from another card and IMMEDIATELY picks up one himself. Had that card been for the dive instead, it would have put Silva and the rest of City on notice that the game may be hard but fair. Instead it immediately put us badly on the back foot. Rodwell stepped up HUGE in keeping Silva quiet even after the card, but from that moment, it seemed like we'd be chasing a game that wasn't going to fall our way.

Also worth noting that I believe this could have been the tipping point in the game. Neville takes over marking Silva to keep Rodwell away from another card and IMMEDIATELY picks up one himself. Had that card been for the dive instead, it would have put Silva and the rest of City on notice that the game may be hard but fair. Instead it immediately put us badly on the back foot. Rodwell stepped up HUGE in keeping Silva quiet even after the card, but from that moment, it seemed like we'd be chasing a game that wasn't going to fall our way.

It gives the teams an advantage when early yellow cards or dished out unnecessarily.

Rodwell could've just went into his shell, but didnt. Other times, its almost as bad as a red card for a defensive player because he's scared to put a foot in legitimately because the reff might book him again.

I'm not comparing it to the Clattenburg derby, just saying it is one of the worst displays I can remember since then and because of the lack of really controversial decisions his display won't be highlighted as much.

I agree with the comparison with Cahill/Kompany and Kryiakos/Fellaini, but that day we lost Fellaini for 6 months and god knows how long Tim is out for.

Fair enough on the Clattenburg issue. I can agree with that.

And yeah, I'm hoping Tim is back ready to fight fast. I know plenty on this board would love to see us lining up without Tim, but I love having the guys that "bleed blue" out there for derby matches. Guys like Cahill, Osman, Hibbert, Nev - may not be our best players, but on derby days, I like them being on our side.

It's east to blame the Ref, yes he isn't great but it also highlights the frightening lack of technique and speed in our side.

It's east to blame the Ref, yes he isn't great but it also highlights the frightening lack of technique and speed in our side.

No ones blaming the reff for the result...but he wasnt particularly fair in his decisions and the whole game has now turned us and the game into an Everton kick-fest in the media.

****e performance by Webb.

He should be referred to the FA for some of those bookings. Joke performance from him.

as unbelievable as it is i agree with you there not that i cost us the game in my mind but it was a completely shabite perfomance from webb

Cahill's tackle was awkward, maybe a yellow. My complaint on that one is that Kompany clearly just jumped on and aimed to stamp on cahill's ankle. It was very similar to the felliani/kyriagos collision that ended with both players getting ejected.

Fellaini didn't actually get dismissed for that. He went off injured. Not sure he even got cautioned. Yeah, it was similar though.

I'm not sure Kompany deliberately stamped on Cahill's ankle or whether Fellaini stomped on that big Greek kopite lunkhead, I think these things just look worse in slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.