How fickle are our fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a mediocre season after sacking a manager...after sacking a manager. Squad full of underwhelming signings on big wages and long contracts. Are we
really wanting to sack another manager not even 12 months into his tenure because we’re not challenging top 4 ?? Because honestly... it’s gonna be a long time to challenge that.... time and patience and taking the rough with the smooth. Success isn’t something that can be bought overnight... it takes time and patience.

Do we have the fanbase to stick by the club or do we sack manager after manager in the hope one gets lucky soon ??

Discuss
Tell that to Leicester fans.......

Indeed I do. Born and bred in the city and still living here surrounded by that shower!

Don't get me wrong, it isn't nice with the fact that they're winning and are all strutting around like peacocks; yet, there success really isn't the core issue for me.

I've been going to Gooidson for decades and I can't help but see and feel a negative change over the past few years, unlike I've felt before. We're losing our heart.

Everton lack leaders.
The club currently has no identity.

I cannot remember a time when the manager and players were so apathetic.

Where are the Reid's, the Cahills, Fergusons or even a Phil Neville.

Coleman had that in him but his leg break has done his career at the very top and that is gutting.

We need that spark. The kind Kane has given to Spurs or slippy brought to that shower. The club is just flat at this moment and it is getting worse.

I was concerned by Barkley running his contract out and leaving. Lukaku stated he didn't believe in our ambition.

Very worrying times for the club.

Judging by the GOT forum we are pretty fickle. Having said that, it is becoming clear that Marco Silva isn’t very good. I can understand why people want to sack him but I think we’d be better off in the long term if we stand by him for another year at least. Then whoever comes in after him can start with a decent squad.

Still up for getting beat against City?

If you wanted/want us to loose V City you have zero credibility in crying when when loose now

Census is beating City we are helping them.
With that logic should roll over & loose every match (or better still liquidate as a club) because taking points off any team retrospectively helps Liverpool. Small-time mentality for a so called 'big club' We should continue bickering with West Ham if thats our mentality.

Not aimed at individuals more a collective observation of some 'fans' - I can only imagine it brushed off as 'banter' but it ain't as it was the same last time Liverpool were going for the league. Everton fans celebrating on City coaches amongst a list of embarrassments that day.
The fans have always been fickle - 'we're happy to win a cup over league position [outside of relegation]' Martinez prioritises cups gets sacked 'we were crap in the league'.

'I hope we get beat to stop Liverpool winning the league'

'Big club' not a chance, small time mentality from an obsessive fan base who would rather Everton loose at the detriment of Liverpool.
Start concerning yourself with affairs at Everton instead of giving a toss what goes on across the park.
There is no 'success' for us if Liverpool fail to win the league and if you deem it 'success' you are part of the problem.

I'm 25 i've not seen us win anything in my lifetime - I want us to win every game we play
So, imagine, we're going into the last game of a season; we're 3rd 4, points off the top, no chance of winning the title but mathematically sure of ending 3rd; the top two, on equal points, are the RS and, say, City but City have a massively superior goal difference that is not possible of being overcome; our last fixture is against City. Now, the RS have gone into a 3 goal lead early in their game and essentially are certain to pick up their 3 pts. So, you'd still want us to win!!!!?

Judging by the GOT forum we are pretty fickle. Having said that, it is becoming clear that Marco Silva isn’t very good. I can understand why people want to sack him but I think we’d be better off in the long term if we stand by him for another year at least. Then whoever comes in after him can start with a decent squad.

These comments show that the everton fanbase have zero clue about the role of a DOF.

Regardless of if Silva is here 6 months or 6 years, the squad and players will be of no concern to him or any coach as its Marcel Brands job to sign and sell players, set the playing philosophy etc.

Its whats annoying me atm, the fans and the echo themselves keep on with this manager stability thing when we dont have a manager anymore we employ coaches. And if said coach cant coach the players Brands signs we get a new one in.

If I posted my current thoughts on some 'fans' I'd probably be banned from the site.

I'm not sure if they cant comprehend the business side of the club, dont understand the regulations or simply lack a mensa number when rating the players who the manager is forced to play.

How anyone sees the current squad bar a handful of players as better than our current position is beyond me.
Your a Silva advocate like @davek and will say anything to defend him, even tho deep down you know he is utterly rubbish.

These players we have are mostly internationals and have proved their worth all round the world, there's plenty of good managers out there who would have them a) defending 100 times better and b) have us within striking distance of the top 6
Its fans like you who have blind faith in silva that are the problem here

Your just desperate not to look foolish for advocating him in the first place.

Don’t get me wrong I hate silva and I think he’s rubbish but in his defend the only good players we have are digne richarlison Bernard and Gomes and he bought all of tho’s in

The problem is that we are stuck in this revolving door of managers and none of them are delivering. The fans have certainly played their part in their abuse of certain players, but the ownership/management is significantly more at fault for the current state of affairs.

The problem is that we are stuck in this revolving door of managers and none of them are delivering. The fans have certainly played their part in their abuse of certain players, but the ownership/management is significantly more at fault for the current state of affairs.
On reflection tho., the last few appointments have all been the wrong ones.. Its nota club issue, its the one making the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.