How fickle are our fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember earlier on the season when we were 6th and ahead of United someone started a thread asking fans for their current ratings of the manager so far. Most said around 6/10 which to me suggesys that top 6 is what is expected by the majority of fans, on here at least.

It was, and clearly still is, unrealistic to expect us to finish in the top 6.
I expected 7th as a minimum. At the moment, I can’t even see us making the top half. We’re in a tailspin, can’t win at home and our away form is shockingly bad. All the recipes for disaster.

Bit of a mediocre season after sacking a manager...after sacking a manager. Squad full of underwhelming signings on big wages and long contracts. Are we
really wanting to sack another manager not even 12 months into his tenure because we’re not challenging top 4 ?? Because honestly... it’s gonna be a long time to challenge that.... time and patience and taking the rough with the smooth. Success isn’t something that can be bought overnight... it takes time and patience.

Do we have the fanbase to stick by the club or do we sack manager after manager in the hope one gets lucky soon ??

Discuss
I don't think there is one Evertonian who wants Silva sacked because we arn't challenging the top four, why jump to that conclusion, they want Silva sacked because his stats in the prem are awful and it is blatantly obvious we are just wasting more time keeping him.

I don't think we're fickle at all, really; so many here have supported Everton across the complete spectrum of fortunes. Fans that are seething at incompetence on and/or off the pitch are only like that because they care deeply about the club. It would be much worse to be indifferent. I don't watch Match of the Day on days like yesterday, because (i) my weekend has already had the shine taken off it by the result, and (ii) I'm not a masochist. Nothing fair weather about it. I'll be at Watford on Saturday, not expecting a good result, yet always hoping. I'm more concerned about my son, who is coming to the game with me, and as we know kids can be very fickle - just as I was, he's the one Everton fan at his school, and being surrounded by RS/Spuds-loving kids is no doubt pretty grim when we're playing like we are. At least when I was at school we had a great side.

I don't think there is one Evertonian who wants Silva sacked because we arn't challenging the top four, why jump to that conclusion, they want Silva sacked because his stats in the prem are awful and it is blatantly obvious we are just wasting more time keeping him.
Obviously top 4 was a turn of phrase ffs.

Stats are like miniskirts - they are revealing, but conceal the most important things. In our case the important thing is the play on the pitch, and that play is truly awful!

Still up for getting beat against City?

If you wanted/want us to loose V City you have zero credibility in crying when when loose now

Census is beating City we are helping them.
With that logic should roll over & loose every match (or better still liquidate as a club) because taking points off any team retrospectively helps Liverpool. Small-time mentality for a so called 'big club' We should continue bickering with West Ham if thats our mentality.

Not aimed at individuals more a collective observation of some 'fans' - I can only imagine it brushed off as 'banter' but it ain't as it was the same last time Liverpool were going for the league. Everton fans celebrating on City coaches amongst a list of embarrassments that day.
The fans have always been fickle - 'we're happy to win a cup over league position [outside of relegation]' Martinez prioritises cups gets sacked 'we were crap in the league'.

'I hope we get beat to stop Liverpool winning the league'

'Big club' not a chance, small time mentality from an obsessive fan base who would rather Everton loose at the detriment of Liverpool.
Start concerning yourself with affairs at Everton instead of giving a toss what goes on across the park.
There is no 'success' for us if Liverpool fail to win the league and if you deem it 'success' you are part of the problem.

I'm 25 i've not seen us win anything in my lifetime - I want us to win every game we play

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.