How fickle are our fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection tho., the last few appointments have all been the wrong ones.. Its nota club issue, its the one making the appointment.
I think our club is poison, our rivalry with Liverpool is poison, and Blue Bill’s goofy philosophies that have plagued us over the years are poison. We need to drop the inferiority complex and find our identity. I find it unlikely that 90 percent of managers would succeed in the current environment- it is definitely a problem and isn’t 100 percent the manager’s fault.

Having said that, I think Moshiri has failed us greatly. His decisions have been very amateurish and harmful to the club.

Your a Silva advocate like @davek and will say anything to defend him, even tho deep down you know he is utterly rubbish.

These players we have are mostly internationals and have proved their worth all round the world, there's plenty of good managers out there who would have them a) defending 100 times better and b) have us within striking distance of the top 6
Its fans like you who have blind faith in silva that are the problem here

Your just desperate not to look foolish for advocating him in the first place.
Or maybe he's just got a different opinion to yours?

Oh, and it's *you're.

Or maybe he's just got a different opinion to yours?

Oh, and it's *you're.

There is having an opinion but there is also having an agenda.

The football we are playing under Silva at present is no better than what it was under Alladyce yet Alladyce was hammered by the fans yet Silva is given excuse after excuse despite working with better players (for example Digne over Martina & Zouma over Williams).

I know its natural for everyone to be bias in some form to suit their own opinion however when its clearly ignoring facts and putting fingers in ears it gets a bit tedious.

The football we are playing under Silva at present is no better than what it was under Alladyce yet Alladyce was hammered by the fans yet Silva is given excuse after excuse despite working with better players (for example Digne over Martina & Zouma over Williams).

I know its natural for everyone to be bias in some form to suit their own opinion however when its clearly ignoring facts and putting fingers in ears it gets a bit tedious.
This this this

I think our club is poison, our rivalry with Liverpool is poison, and Blue Bill’s goofy philosophies that have plagued us over the years are poison. We need to drop the inferiority complex and find our identity. I find it unlikely that 90 percent of managers would succeed in the current environment- it is definitely a problem and isn’t 100 percent the manager’s fault.

Having said that, I think Moshiri has failed us greatly. His decisions have been very amateurish and harmful to the club.
Yep, we really seem like a poisoned chalice. 4 managers and loads of new players in last few years and we still play the same brand of turgid garbage.

In my Everton pipe dream we would be signing talented players from abroad for comparatively small fees and on low wages. That would hopefully lessen the disconnect between the fans and prevent us from being a retirement home for coasters like Schneiderlin etc. We need hungry players, not ones who mentally checked out because they're paid loads. If we had a bunch of hard workers who wanted to play for the shirt then the fanbase would be a lot more accepting and we could actually foster a good atmosphere around the place.

I know it's much easier said than done but thats the kind of job Marcel should be doing in my hublest laymans opinion. Not slapping 100k a week just to get players to turn their head. I know that there are bargains out there, both in terms of ability and attitude. Though it's a difficult ask.

I just want to be proud of the toffees again.

Yep, we really seem like a poisoned chalice. 4 managers and loads of new players in last few years and we still play the same brand of turgid garbage.

In my Everton pipe dream we would be signing talented players from abroad for comparatively small fees and on low wages. That would hopefully lessen the disconnect between the fans and prevent us from being a retirement home for coasters like Schneiderlin etc. We need hungry players, not ones who mentally checked out because they're paid loads. If we had a bunch of hard workers who wanted to play for the shirt then the fanbase would be a lot more accepting and we could actually foster a good atmosphere around the place.

I know it's much easier said than done but thats the kind of job Marcel should be doing in my hublest laymans opinion. Not slapping 100k a week just to get players to turn their head. I know that there are bargains out there, both in terms of ability and attitude. Though it's a difficult ask.

I just want to be proud of the toffees again.
I think there is a fundamental disconnect in the flash the cash, spend for success philosophy, and the type of attitude we would like to see from our players and related football staff.

Some of us would like to see hardworking passionate players, but others would like to see us going for big name coaches and players and force our way to success that way.

Neither approach is really being applied at the moment though. We more resemble Aston Villa in spending big, but not quite big enough. And we all know how that turned out. As a more extreme example, look at Sunderland.

What's just as tedious is people throwing out all context in order to suit their opinion. Just as you're doing now.

The football we played early on in the season is better than anything conjured up under Allardyce. That's why Silva has earned some good will. It's been said many times by various people. You're just not paying attention because you disagree.

What's just as tedious is people throwing out all context in order to suit their opinion. Just as you're doing now.

The football we played early on in the season is better than anything conjured up under Allardyce. That's why Silva has earned some good will. It's been said many times by various people. You're just not paying attention because you disagree.

Only three games we played well in were Leicester, Brighton and Liverpool. So 3 games out of 25 which is only getting worse and worse.

If people cant see his current Everton career is taking the same form as it did hull and watford (good start but a massive nosedive that isn't addressed) then nothing I can say will change there opinion.

His goals from set pieces record in the league is also an absolute disgrace and he hasnt been able to address it at either Hull, Watford or us.

As I mentioned on here Wolves went through a bad patch but Nuno went back to basics and they have pushed on - the sign of a half decent manager which Silva is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.