How fickle are our fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1549188286520.jpg

I suppose I meant the box office. I have never failed to get an away game ticket because there is always someone there with a pocketful of them. I assume it's the same for home games but I'd sooner get a ticket without feeling like a criminal.
What game do you want to go to?

I didn’t boo , I don’t it’s not my kind of thing . I am the type to storm out of my seat to the pub before 90 mins though so I’ll take whatever stick is coming for that .
I've never booed in my life and I am usually not an advocate of it in the slightest; even more so, how it became almost systematic at the end of Martinez's reign.

However, I totally understood the reaction yesterday as it was another absolutely gutless performance from both the manager and the players.

Bit of a mediocre season after sacking a manager...after sacking a manager. Squad full of underwhelming signings on big wages and long contracts. Are we
really wanting to sack another manager not even 12 months into his tenure because we’re not challenging top 4 ?? Because honestly... it’s gonna be a long time to challenge that.... time and patience and taking the rough with the smooth. Success isn’t something that can be bought overnight... it takes time and patience.

Do we have the fanbase to stick by the club or do we sack manager after manager in the hope one gets lucky soon ??

Discuss
No one said we would be getting top 4 but after spending a load of money again in the summer and decent players and supposedly having a better manager I think everybody expecting us to doing better. Not difficult to understand.

I mean if you was the owner spending all this money to basically go backwards, would you be happy? No you wouldn't.

Sick of fans blaming the fans when these players and the manager get paid an absolute fortune and are performing miles below the level they should be. It's unacceptable. Any other job you get the sack. They ain't showing any fight at all.

Last edited:

Wumming nothing you white lightning addled freaky multi.
My personal belief is we need to stick with the manager for at least another 3 windows... I don’t believe constant change instils any continuity. If the players think they can down tools for one boss in the hope another will come in then it send the wrong message. The boss is the boss... not the players.

If the club keep employing poor managers then why should the fans keep support failure for 30 yrs.

I believe the fans should always keep the bar set high you would be better served writing a post about the clubs track record for hiring poor managers.

It's not really fickle to be happy when your winning and upset when you are not, i'd say it's pretty common throughout football. I think a lot have been patient but these free kicks are killing us and killing our season, the season is already dea, the least they can do is show they are improving and learning from errors but they are actually getting worse the longer the season goes.

So yeah, give us something to cheer for and who knows, maybe they will cheer.

It's not really fickle to be happy when your winning and upset when you are not, i'd say it's pretty common throughout football. I think a lot have been patient but these free kicks are killing us and killing our season, the season is already dea, the least they can do is show they are improving and learning from errors but they are actually getting worse the longer the season goes.

So yeah, give us something to cheer for and who knows, maybe they will cheer.

This really.....

In response to the OP...

For years I can remember fans moaning about our apathy towards our acceptance of mediocrity. The idea that we had accepted ourselves as a small club and shouldn't have higher expectations was the norm. I'm of course referring mainly to the Moyes era. It worked up to a point didn't it?

Lots of blues bemoaned our lack of protesting action compared to them lot over the road. We criticised their fans for their so called self entitlement!

LOOK AT THEM NOW THOUGH (n)

To all you soft apologists who are tied to your narrative of small time thought processes. WE DO NOT HAVE TIME.

A turd is a turd and this one needs flushing away before it properly stinks out the gaff.

He ain't turning this around. Wake up cos if you allow this character time you'll soon enough be watching the championship highlights on TV! Is that what you want?

WE ARE EVERTON.

We will not stand for mediocrity anymore. Yes we will keep appointing new managers until we find a diamond cos we can. Once the fans see we are progressing in the right way the noise of Goodison will return.

I've just thought this post could really come back to bite me on the as* if the bu*ger turns it around!

I'd happily take a roasting if I'm proved wrong :whip:

Last edited:
NO ONE SAID WE SHOULD BE CHALLENGING THE TOP 4

Stop trying to create some warped narrative.

Utterly ridiculous post. What have we been working on all week, when the clown can't even set up a defence to deal with a simple free kick into the box.
I remember earlier on the season when we were 6th and ahead of United someone started a thread asking fans for their current ratings of the manager so far. Most said around 6/10 which to me suggesys that top 6 is what is expected by the majority of fans, on here at least.

It was, and clearly still is, unrealistic to expect us to finish in the top 6.

Look at all the moaning fans did over Moyes towards the end of his tenure. We were regularly finishing in the top 5/6 on an incredibly tight budget and for whatever reasons we never progressed to the next level. Moyes was heavily criticised.

Look at us now ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.