Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm in a teacup

We got beat by a better football team - move on
I’m not suggesting Firmino definitely said it, but in what way is the N word a “storm in a teacup” that people should “move on” from? Of course we were beaten by a better football team, but that’s irrelevant.
Completely agree with Az here.

Can't be tolerating potential racism. It's not something that an be swept under the carpet.

The difficulty is going to be proving it , the ref was there and obviously didn’t hear it and it seems camera’s didn’t pick it up . Suárez got banned because he effectively threw his hand in , or half did it with what he said when first asked to account . That shower won’t be making that mistake again .

If wouldn’t surprise me if it was true and it certainly doesn’t surprise me that it’s them again . Unfortunately it might be difficult to prove but either way we saw what they as a club did put and tried to put evra through , we need to support our player throughout this .

It absolutely needs looking at closely by the FA and hopefully it can be resolved.

Firmino is mixed with every race known to mankind, why exactly would he say something 'racist' to Holgate ?!! If he did he is offending part of his heritage also!
Logic doesn't usually come into play when brainless racism is involved mate.

Even if nothing is proven in an investigation, it's important to hold that investigation as a sign that this is not going to be tolerated.

Firminho shoukd well get a lengthy suspension, if he's been racist.

Will benefit another team, not us.

Is it time suspensions should be directed towards the injured team, next time around?

Storm in a teacup

We got beat by a better football team - move on

Awful comment. Let’s just ignore potential racism shall we? Regardless of how we played, racism has no place in society, let alone in football. To not challenge it, is as bad as saying it. As it condones it, and makes it acceptable.

First they came for the..... and I did not speak out.

We have to challenge it and punish it at every opportunity.

I hope he didn’t say something racist, and the authorities will figure that out, but saying it’s a storm in a tea cup is just ignorant.

Holgate simply doesn't react like that to anything other than racist abuse imo.

Or perceived racist abuse . I’m not defending either racists or anyone from that club , I find both abhorrent, but you could react in that way if you thought it was said . However I do tend to agree with you , my worry is the FA will fudge it As is their way.

Apparently there is a tv clip which shows he said "loco puta" which is not racist and probably accurate given he'd just been launched over the hoardings. Unless the claim is that the racism occurred before he was pushed over? Holgate's reaction doesn't suggest that though. We'll find out in due course I suppose.
That's what i thought he said poota or something going by my limited lip reading skills

Logic doesn't usually come into play when brainless racism is involved mate.

Even if nothing is proven in an investigation, it's important to hold that investigation as a sign that this is not going to be tolerated.

As I said earlier mate, one of Suarez grandparents is 'black' it didn't stop him from saying it either, lets face it there is an obvious skin colour difference between the two of them, no one would ever call Firminho the word he 'may have' used, because simply he does not look coloured - he looks south american.

Holgate simply doesn't react like that to anything other than racist abuse imo.

Pretty sure as a coloured lad, you know when you've just been racially insulted, one thing after it thats clear - around the time schneiderlin pushes him away is that he says quite clearly he has been just called something racist

That's what i thought he said poota or something going by my limited lip reading skills

He clearly called him son of a bitch/whore, Holgate doesn't react to thatb though mate much, it's when the camera pans and Kenny is in the way something else ios said and Holgate reacts, IF there is another camera angle on it who knows, but enough people around that there will be others who heard it if said.

Status
Not open for further replies.