Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be easy enough to sort out, the cameras picked up quite clearly and closely every lip movement from Ferminho, there should be 3 professional lip readers broughy in from Everton Liverpool and the FA along with player and officials accounts of the incident, best wait and see what was really said.

..I might be wrong, but I think the referee wears a microphone and i’d be surprised if the audio isn’t recorded. Seeing as though this occurred in the vicinity of the referee it might be easily analysed.

The fact the ref didn’t book Holgate for pushing Firmino into the crowd says a lot, I think something was said the ref heard it but he just bottled it.

RAWKS take on the matter

Quote from: surfer. [Poor language removed] you generator. on Today at 05:25:21 AM
He shoved Firmino into the crowd, if he got called a [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] in return [Poor language removed] him.
He shoved a player into the crowd, what the hell. You don't need to see a guy land awkwardly as a result and snap his neck for you to start grasping the consequences of that action. Firmino's got off unhurt, still doesn't take away from the potential consequences of what Holgate did.
If Firmino did something unprovoked there's a discussion to be had but something's seriously off if you can assault a guy to provoke him, and then claim to be the injured party. If you start it, take whatever comes your way you [Poor language removed] coward.
Rabid animals, club needs to stop existing.

There's nothing bigger than your well being. A guy goes for that, unprovoked, anything goes. That's the big issue in a contact sport and you've got pages whining about the word response.
I have no take on what was said, haven't done repeated slo mo views but how exactly do you think a physical confrontation goes? A guy throws a punch at you and your brain stops and scans what response is ok and what is not honourable? Come on now.
You're going to go for the one that can cause most damage. Worst case, if Firmino called him a n****r he'll get fined, banned a few games but it's not something I'll hold against the player. Not when he was just assaulted.

They both look the same colour to me...
After watching the incident I doubt the referee wouldn’t have not heard it. Who knows... hope not though..

The ref was inches away when Holgate took offence at what Firmino said. Other players were very close also. Yet Holgate is the only one who reacts.
If Firmino had said anything bad he would have been dismissed there and then surely.
I think Holgate is a prick who should be retrospectively punished for deliberately pushing Firmino into the stand.
I think he probably misheard Firmino or is too thick to understand what was said to him.

As for the fact the initial incident could easily have lead to Firmino breaking his neck or leg or anything going over the hoardings like that, I think Holgate should get an extreme punishment.
I don't believe Firmino was using racial abuse, I think Holgate just played the race card to get away with the incident.

Oh I'm sure all the Everton players and staff will back Holgate. Disgrace of a club, and disgrace of a player. He could have broke the guys neck in what he did. And the Ref is a bottler not sending him off for it. In fact, If I was us as a club, my question is... What warrants dangerous play? Because that is a red card offence.

If it's a fake accusation for avoiding a sending off, Holgate should get a punishment equal to what Bobby or any other player could get for racism.

You can't just go around throwing the race card and accusations of racism unless you are absolutely sure that he said those words. Very strange that no one in the vicinity even flinched when he allegedly said n***ger. Deplorable to cry racism because foreign words sound racist, literally a week after a young black player discussed his brushes with racism. It belittles the topic when accusations can be thrown in circumstances like last night.

Agree with you 100 % , [Poor language removed] bags pulling stunts like this totally ruin it for the the actual genuine cases.

Yep, I think the ref may have done something had Holgate not complicated the situation. Which is why Holgate needs the book throwing at him.

If it is shown that Firmino did not use the N word as alleged then it is clear that the allegations Holgate made were made to avoid a red for violent conduct. He succeeded in not getting any card.

If I were the FA in such a situation Holgate should be banned for a very long time pay a lot in damages to Firmino for slander and Everton should apologise to Firmino.

This needs locking he never said anything racist and it's clear
Your all absolutely insane to be giving this the legs you're giving it

If Holgate has anything about him hell he'll come out today and say he got wrapped up in tje atmosphere and drop the allegations and make an undeserved apology to Firmino.

Read that if he were a fan he’d never be able to go to the game again... but because he’s a player he gets a slap on the wrist and a couple of games banned (Suarez being the example)

I agree, as I said, it's mind boggling to me. It also could be really interesting if we actually want to discuss it. I'm a bit tired, so I don't really want to do it now, but just thinking of Africans or of African descent playing in Eastern Europe, Italy, Greece, and even in Western European countries, the dilemma they face going through it. The pay check or just not putting up with it. It's really a tough spot a lot of footballers of color (just using it even though I the "of color phrase" are put in. They have no other forms of employment that will pay them like that. I guess it's all just so foreign to me, I struggle to articulate the dichotomy well.

RAWKS take on the matter

Quote from: surfer. [Poor language removed] you generator. on Today at 05:25:21 AM
He shoved Firmino into the crowd, if he got called a [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] in return [Poor language removed] him.
He shoved a player into the crowd, what the hell. You don't need to see a guy land awkwardly as a result and snap his neck for you to start grasping the consequences of that action. Firmino's got off unhurt, still doesn't take away from the potential consequences of what Holgate did.
If Firmino did something unprovoked there's a discussion to be had but something's seriously off if you can assault a guy to provoke him, and then claim to be the injured party. If you start it, take whatever comes your way you [Poor language removed] coward.
Rabid animals, club needs to stop existing.

There's nothing bigger than your well being. A guy goes for that, unprovoked, anything goes. That's the big issue in a contact sport and you've got pages whining about the word response.
I have no take on what was said, haven't done repeated slo mo views but how exactly do you think a physical confrontation goes? A guy throws a punch at you and your brain stops and scans what response is ok and what is not honourable? Come on now.
You're going to go for the one that can cause most damage. Worst case, if Firmino called him a n****r he'll get fined, banned a few games but it's not something I'll hold against the player. Not when he was just assaulted.

They both look the same colour to me...
After watching the incident I doubt the referee wouldn’t have not heard it. Who knows... hope not though..

The ref was inches away when Holgate took offence at what Firmino said. Other players were very close also. Yet Holgate is the only one who reacts.
If Firmino had said anything bad he would have been dismissed there and then surely.
I think Holgate is a prick who should be retrospectively punished for deliberately pushing Firmino into the stand.
I think he probably misheard Firmino or is too thick to understand what was said to him.

As for the fact the initial incident could easily have lead to Firmino breaking his neck or leg or anything going over the hoardings like that, I think Holgate should get an extreme punishment.
I don't believe Firmino was using racial abuse, I think Holgate just played the race card to get away with the incident.

Oh I'm sure all the Everton players and staff will back Holgate. Disgrace of a club, and disgrace of a player. He could have broke the guys neck in what he did. And the Ref is a bottler not sending him off for it. In fact, If I was us as a club, my question is... What warrants dangerous play? Because that is a red card offence.

If it's a fake accusation for avoiding a sending off, Holgate should get a punishment equal to what Bobby or any other player could get for racism.

You can't just go around throwing the race card and accusations of racism unless you are absolutely sure that he said those words. Very strange that no one in the vicinity even flinched when he allegedly said n***ger. Deplorable to cry racism because foreign words sound racist, literally a week after a young black player discussed his brushes with racism. It belittles the topic when accusations can be thrown in circumstances like last night.

Agree with you 100 % , [Poor language removed] bags pulling stunts like this totally ruin it for the the actual genuine cases.

Yep, I think the ref may have done something had Holgate not complicated the situation. Which is why Holgate needs the book throwing at him.

If it is shown that Firmino did not use the N word as alleged then it is clear that the allegations Holgate made were made to avoid a red for violent conduct. He succeeded in not getting any card.

If I were the FA in such a situation Holgate should be banned for a very long time pay a lot in damages to Firmino for slander and Everton should apologise to Firmino.

This needs locking he never said anything racist and it's clear
Your all absolutely insane to be giving this the legs you're giving it

If Holgate has anything about him hell he'll come out today and say he got wrapped up in tje atmosphere and drop the allegations and make an undeserved apology to Firmino.

It’s never there fault

When i watched it back, at the point where Firmino is getting close to Holgate, with Bobby Madley in between them, it looked to me like Firmino called Holgate “hijo de puta”, the literal translation is “son of a prostitute”. “Hijo” means “son”, “puta” means “prostitute”. Just after that, johnjo Kenny walks into shot and blocks Firminos face, so I can’t see what he says, but a second later Holgate erupts and has to be dragged away and you can clearly see Holgate saying “he just called me a f@cking Ni@@er!” And he asks Bobby madly “did you hear what he just called me?!”, to which Bobby madly says “No”.

If Firmino said it, there is no way the ref didn’t hear it, he was between holgate and Firmino, which is why I think he didn’t book anyone, so he doesn’t have to put it in his match report.

If the FA investigate it god knows what the outcome will be, probably ban holgate for the push and nothing for Firmino, because they are a bunch of gutless bumblers

In the video when Holgate was being pushed back by Schneids and Jags I am sure if you lip read it can be seen that Holgate is shouting he called me the"n" word.

The comments posted there from rawk hahahahaha what a club they are. Offended by literally everything. Why are we so [Poor language removed] and can never beat them

The timing of Holgate’s rage is key to this. At the time I thought it was in relation to what was probably the Portuguese equivalent of hijo de puta, he definitely says puta that much is clear, but watching it again that isn’t what sets Mason off. Really struggle to understand Hispanic folk being racist towards black people, Firmino is closer in skin tone to Holgate than he is to say, McCarthy, and he wouldn’t racially abuse him (assuming he did say something).

Status
Not open for further replies.