Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure as a coloured lad, you know when you've just been racially insulted, one thing after it thats clear - around the time schneiderlin pushes him away is that he says quite clearly he has been just called something racist
What is that even supposed to mean? So are saying that "coloured lads" only can be racially insulted ?

Should be easy enough to sort out, the cameras picked up quite clearly and closely every lip movement from Ferminho, there should be 3 professional lip readers broughy in from Everton Liverpool and the FA along with player and officials accounts of the incident, best wait and see what was really said.

They are probably hoping its reported and a big fuss made, they like nothing better than to rally round a cause.

If the allegation is true, it's disgraceful but unfortunately much of what transpires on the field these days is he said, I said type of stuff.

They'll find a way to get back tit for tat, much like last night's penalty.

The punishment for falsing accusing someone of racism should be as severe as being guilty. It's happened right under the referee's nose which makes me think this will be cleared up right away and will go down as a misunderstanding. Such accusations shouldn't be thrown around lightly because it's overshadowed a decent game and may have damaged an innocent player's reputation.

I just don't understand how someone in this sport can still say something racist and survive in it.

It really is a shame. He would be blackballed in American sports, and we don't do much right here in regards to being progressive or fighting for causes like this.

Players wouldn't want to have anything to do with him. How can he say that, if he ends up being found to have said what is alleged, and playing alongside Mane. It's mind boggling to me.

Read that if he were a fan he’d never be able to go to the game again... but because he’s a player he gets a slap on the wrist and a couple of games banned (Suarez being the example)

The refs earpiece has a microphone which will have recorded whatever Firmino said after he had said punto...let’s wait and see what comes out of it
Is it recorded? I just thought it was like a small phone to chat to his other officials

They are probably hoping its reported and a big fuss made, they like nothing better than to rally round a cause.

If the allegation is true, it's disgraceful but unfortunately much of what transpires on the field these days is he said, I said type of stuff.

They'll find a way to get back tit for tat, much like last night's penalty.

They will want this sorted asap or swept under the carpet. Like someone else mentioned this morning, you would think it would be quite high up on the list of articles in the echo but nope, let's not do that, don't want to paint them in a bad light.

Status
Not open for further replies.