GOT's Most Improved Player Award. 2009/10

Most improved player 2009/10

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to threaten this list is he? :D

He (Cahill's) still scored two very important goals Wigan (winner), Man City plus setting up Pienaar with that defence splitting pass against Arsenal.

To be honest, caricature Cahill however you like he's still and always will be an important Everton player and a great player for us too.

Cahill has set very high standards, so when they dip, like they have at times this season, he will get ripped for it and rightly so, I doubt hes the type thats happy after a bad game.

Would still prefer his name on the team sheet.

He (Cahill's) still scored two very important goals Wigan (winner), Man City plus setting up Pienaar with that defence splitting pass against Arsenal.

To be honest, caricature Cahill however you like he's still and always will be an important Everton player and a great player for us too.

To be fair I didn't think my views on Cahill at the moment are unduely harsh compared to some. I certainly don't want him sold. He's had a good run at having the team built around him but time eventually leads to a natural progression and Cahill should probably be after Neville in stepping into a squad depth role (and a great option as an impact sub ) rather than a first name on the team sheet. He's not been in great form this season and has set the bar pretty high for himself to improve therefore would not threaten this list. ;)

To be fair I didn't think my views on Cahill at the moment are unduely harsh compared to some. I certainly don't want him sold. He's had a good run at having the team built around him but time eventually leads to a natural progression and Cahill should probably be after Neville in stepping into a squad depth role (and a great option as an impact sub ) rather than a first name on the team sheet. He's not been in great form this season and has set the bar pretty high for himself to improve therefore would not threaten this list. ;)

Baines is easily my player of the season - he was fantastic in the second half of last season for me so i wouldnt pick him out especially for this season, Rodwell has developed in the last season but still has a way to go, Mofro has been awsome and would have walked this if he hadnt of been injured. Big Vic has really impressed me since his return but again to many injuries. Seamus deserves a mention to despite hugely impressing in his brief cameos and ripping up the championship.

I would have to go with Pienaar although he pulled his socks up from Feb of last year, this is the first full consistent season that he has impacted on every game for us and become a vital player with a massive influence on how we play, his confidence in taking responsibility has come on leaps and bounds and he now drives the team on.

So the Pie man for me.

Got to be Fellaini, but Osman is also a good shout, he's had a great season in my eyes. One of my early criticisms of him was that he never seemed to step it up against the "bigger" teams. He's improved this aspect of his game this year, against Man United he was MOTM for me.

Not even close - Fellaini by a mile. Started to become a force in the midfield. Baines was solid before the season and is still solid. The strides Felli made this season were truly impressive. Think teams will come after him in the window more than they'll come after Rodwell.

Fellaini and Baines were already boss; Osman for me. Played to a level I didn't think him capable in the first couple of months of this calendar year. Bossed games against Chelsea and United.

Got to be Fellaini, but Osman is also a good shout, he's had a great season in my eyes. One of my early criticisms of him was that he never seemed to step it up against the "bigger" teams. He's improved this aspect of his game this year, against Man United he was MOTM for me.

I like Osman, he too has scored important goals and his passing against Man Utd - helped us pass them off the park.

Trouble is for someone who shows flashes like he does of the sublime, its the consistency issue. If he was more consistent at that level, he'd be in there too.
Plus he's really a central midfielder he's weaker on the right. Osman's better in crowds because he's small and nibble.

He can score he can go past people, his speed of passing (interchange with Pienaar in the Man Utd game)... shows he can do it.

We want to see more though.

I like Osman, he too has scored important goals and his passing against Man Utd - helped us pass them off the park.

Trouble is for someone who shows flashes like he does of the sublime, its the consistency issue. If he was more consistent at that level, he'd be in there too.
Plus he's really a central midfielder he's weaker on the right. Osman's better in crowds because he's small and nibble.

He can score he can go past people, his speed of passing (interchange with Pienaar in the Man Utd game)... shows he can do it.

We want to see more though.
I agree that he needs to do it more often, I was hinting at his inconsistency by saying that he never used to step it up in big games. He's played very well against some top teams in 2010, hopefully he can keep it going.

Danny wants to get this published on the wider internet.

A GOT poll like this is like the Golden Globes compared to the Official EFC votes being the Oscars.

Publicise the forum.

This "most improved player 2010" can be an official GOT category.

Get it on the site feed Danny!

Status
Not open for further replies.