GOT's Most Improved Player Award. 2009/10

Most improved player 2009/10

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted Felliani. Saha has been very good, but he's not Most Improved, just fit. Laughing at people saying we need a new striker, year or two ago they would have been clamouring for a 15-goal-a-season striker and he's done that even with his injury problems, and they still complain! Next year with Yak gets back to his proper level, and with Saha as partner/back-up then we'll be sorted. We only need a new striker if Yak fails to reach his previous level. And stop talking about Torres etc, he cost 26m, Yak cost 11, and we don't have anything like 26m.

Baines is easily my player of the season - he was fantastic in the second half of last season for me so i wouldnt pick him out especially for this season, Rodwell has developed in the last season but still has a way to go, Mofro has been awsome and would have walked this if he hadnt of been injured. Big Vic has really impressed me since his return but again to many injuries. Seamus deserves a mention to despite hugely impressing in his brief cameos and ripping up the championship.

I would have to go with Pienaar although he pulled his socks up from Feb of last year, this is the first full consistent season that he has impacted on every game for us and become a vital player with a massive influence on how we play, his confidence in taking responsibility has come on leaps and bounds and he now drives the team on.

So the Pie man for me.

THIS. Pienaar has had an outstanding season and made a real difference, he stepped upto the plate in the absence of Mikel this season and has graffted in almost every game and scored some important goals. Felli had started to show signs of great improvement in the middle of the park, but those dirty RS made sure his rise was halted so for consistancy over a season (well most of it), I have to go for Pienaar (except he isn't on the list!)

THIS. Pienaar has had an outstanding season and made a real difference, he stepped upto the plate in the absence of Mikel this season and has graffted in almost every game and scored some important goals. Felli had started to show signs of great improvement in the middle of the park, but those dirty RS made sure his rise was halted so for consistancy over a season (well most of it), I have to go for Pienaar (except he isn't on the list!)

bang on mate

Pienaar should be in contention for Player of the Season, no doubt. The reason he missed out for me was the one highlighted way back by Neiler when first nominating him, a victim of his own success. I felt he was pretty boss second half of last season and while being more consistent for most of this one didn't think he quite fit bill for my improved player shortlist. On the votes Pienaar should be in the top 4 but it's looking pretty academic in this landslide for Le Monstre.

Pienaar should be in contention for Player of the Season, no doubt. The reason he missed out for me was the one highlighted way back by Neiler when first nominating him, a victim of his own success. I felt he was pretty boss second half of last season and while being more consistent for most of this one didn't think he quite fit bill for my improved player shortlist. On the votes Pienaar should be in the top 4 but it's looking pretty academic in this landslide for Le Monstre.

Exactly, Pienaar would beat Felli out for player of the season, but luckily for this Pienaar has been playing like this for the last year, since Arteta went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.