Goodison Park and naming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The MegaFon Stadium"

tumblr_lpffr66vZy1qzs09vo1_500.gif

It's interesting though, only arsenal and city out of the so called 'big clubs' only have their naming rights. However Spurs are looking for one for their new stadium and I'm sure Chelsea won't be far behind with their redevelopment when they are finished. You referred to the RS, both them and united blow the others out of the water with their 'world wide brand' and huge commercial deals and obviously can resist (although I'm surprised) naming rights to OT and Anfield.
We might have a billionaire owner but because of FFP he can't just plough money into the club. He has to do this indirectly (like city) and if it means one of his associated companies sponsoring the stadium to secure us extra finances for players I'm all for it. As has been alluded to we'll all just refer to it as goodison anyway.

Isn't Anfield called "The Big Stand Arena" now anyway?

It's interesting though, only arsenal and city out of the so called 'big clubs' only have their naming rights. However Spurs are looking for one for their new stadium and I'm sure Chelsea won't be far behind with their redevelopment when they are finished. You referred to the RS, both them and united blow the others out of the water with their 'world wide brand' and huge commercial deals and obviously can resist (although I'm surprised) naming rights to OT and Anfield.
We might have a billionaire owner but because of FFP he can't just plough money into the club. He has to do this indirectly (like city) and if it means one of his associated companies sponsoring the stadium to secure us extra finances for players I'm all for it. As has been alluded to we'll all just refer to it as goodison anyway.

I don't think this is that surprising, if I was a large company looking to sponsor a stadium I wouldn't plough it in to an existing stadium with a long established name as people would continue to use that name, whereas a new stadium would not have an existing name to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.