Goodison Park and naming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roydo

in memoriam - 1965-2024
Staff member
Calm down.

Just heard an Echo pod cast, all things Mosh and Stadium and that. Will link it when I can be bothered.

Anyrate. The subject of Everton doing a naming rights deal for GP was booted about, reason being to boost the coffers, (significantly) and hence giving more rope to Koeman, and a possible boost to any new ground costs.

Now, not one Blue would WANT the old girl newly named, but IF, a sympathetic deal was done, lets see, USM Goodison Park as a stab in the dark, could you hold your nose till BM rocked up, given that the cash could be pretty important?

Lets face it, everyone would call it Goodison anyrate.

If this has been a thread before, expect so, soz Boss.

Bit like the Sports Direct Arena, the Bet 365 stadium, the Macron etc. everyone still calls it by its common name St James' the Brit, the Reebok etc. Call it anything, everyone apart from Kopites and Gary Lineker on motd will still call it Goodison. The key for me is the naming rights of any new stadium. Whatever company wins that bid becomes synonymous with the stadium (the etihad, the emirates etc.). I'd even take a few seasons without naming rights (if possible) just to embed a name of choice (merseyside stadium, new Goodison, Bramley Moore stadium etc.) before then selling the naming rights as everyone will just keep calling it by whatever its first name was.

Think I could handle USM Goodison Park if it was for the right money.

On the other hand, I could not cope with the old girl being called the Iceland Arena for her last hurrah. Not for all the mini frozen pizzas Kerry Katona could ram up me arse.
Unnecessary and stupid comment in a sensible discussion thread.

Think I could handle USM Goodison Park if it was for the right money.

On the other hand, I could not cope with the old girl being called the Iceland Arena for her last hurrah. Not for all the mini frozen pizzas Kerry Katona could ram up me arse.

Agree. I could handle USM Goodison Park

I like the name of one of their companies, Mellaralitz or something. Sounds like Metallica, sort of.

So Goodison Park. The Metallaritz could work.

Or the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.