Goodison Park and naming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Its a disgusting idea.

1892 to the present as Goodison Park and to besmirch that to squeeze a few quid out to stick in Lukaku's pocket or waste on another Bolasie is criminal.

I understand any new stadium will be named, but for God's sake lets let this stadium shuffle off its mortal coil with some dignity. Imagine the ground where Dean, Young, Ball, Southall lit up in their own ways - not to mention the special family connections we all have with it - being rubbished by calling it the Megafon Goodison Park? Laundering capital from that gangster's ill-gotten booty.

No thanks.

1892 to the present as Goodison Park and to besmirch that to squeeze a few quid out to stick in Lukaku's pocket or waste on another Bolasie is criminal.

I understand any new stadium will be named, but for God's sake lets let this stadium shuffle off its mortal coil with some dignity. Imagine the ground where Dean, Young, Ball, Southall lit up in their own ways - not to mention the special family connections we all have with it - being rubbished by calling it the Megafon Goodison Park? Laundering capital from that gangster's ill-gotten booty.

No thanks.

"Everton shelve multi-million pound stadium sponsor cos Dave, 72 from wigan said Dixie wouldnt approve"

They can rename Goodison to whatever they want.

It will always be Goodison to me.

giphy.gif

If it brings more dough in to invest, they can call it what they want - it will still be Goodison.

No thanks.
I remember the outrage from some at the hafnia kit not being traditional enough. No one cared when the trophies started to arrive.

I remember the outrage from some at the hafnia kit not being traditional enough. No one cared when the trophies started to arrive.
Two things:

the shirt sponsorship WAS a turn for the worst as it vandalised with corporate graffiti our hallowed jersey - however it is not on the same level as the denigration of our home, which a naming rights for GP would represent

a cold meats company sponsorship is one thing, sponsorship from a gangster is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.