Goodison Park and naming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison will never be renamed because no-one would call it anything other than Goodison.

That's why i'm devloping my product especially for that reason. The iSon just needs a few more tweaks and will be ready to roll out. (It's a cyborg son you've always wanted - to go to the game with or a drink down the pub, but with none of the unnecessary back chat or trying to steal your cash + can store 1000 songs on it!)

Unfortunately for Everton as the name is already what I want I won't need to pay them any cash for it... (n):D

Calm down.

Just heard an Echo pod cast, all things Mosh and Stadium and that. Will link it when I can be bothered.

Anyrate. The subject of Everton doing a naming rights deal for GP was booted about, reason being to boost the coffers, (significantly) and hence giving more rope to Koeman, and a possible boost to any new ground costs.

Now, not one Blue would WANT the old girl newly named, but IF, a sympathetic deal was done, lets see, USM Goodison Park as a stab in the dark, could you hold your nose till BM rocked up, given that the cash could be pretty important?

Lets face it, everyone would call it Goodison anyrate.

If this has been a thread before, expect so, soz Boss.
Would be as successful as when they renamed St James'

Just call it the

Ali Arena.

quote-making-money-from-money-is-like-aerobatics-alisher-usmanov-87-99-17.jpg

Ali Ali, The Ox Come Free?

So long as we get good money for it, i'm not really arsed what Goodison's sponsored name is. Hell, for 8 million or whatever, they can call it the Del Monte Boss Pineapple Pizza Topping for all I care, and if they want to paint pictures of pineapple rings on the stadium roofs for aerial shots to pick up, then that's fine too.

Basically, I'm easy, but that's for another thread.

If naming follows the American model, you'll have a sponsored stadium, pitch, and stands.

"The Toffee faithful are packing in the Vauxhall Motors Dock End today, peering for any chance to see the players emerge from the tunnel and walk onto the ThaiBev Chang pitch here at USM Bramley Moore Park to watch Everton host Real Madrid for the first leg of the..."

But everyone will still call it what they want, whether Goodison, Bramley Moore, or whatever the name will be.

*Done right, the sponsor's name augments the stadium name, like with USM Finch Farm. Done wrong you get rubbish like Sports Direct Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.